Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

What gets me is this wasn't even a crackpot theory from a fringe voice, like I initially thought. It turns out many on the right who are in huge positions of power were apparently involved in this plan. Yet apparently they were still protected and deluded enough to just assume Whelan had far more evidence than yet another Twitter conspiracy theory. Even after the fact, "intellectual" blowhards like the NYT's very own Ross Douthat were telling people to give him the benefit of the doubt. 

I really do have to wonder if the man being accused was not a Kavanaugh supporter, would so many on the right have backed off in the first place? 

It's terrifying to think someone who is this insanely bold to blast this stuff all over Twitter is so insulated by those who are now running our country. 

• Members

NYT printed this Rosenstein story, which is clearly dropped by Bill Shine and Trump to try to push a narrative to fire Rosenstein. Other outlets (including the Post, I believe) have since claimed Rosenstein's remarks were sarcasm.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The "liberal" New York Times strikes again. You can feel the media itching for that Trump comeback. Another day another degradation.

Oh and it's also a way to get the story off Kavanaugh, which the media would love too. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

I actually don't think most of the media want that. I do think it would work for people like Haberman who still seem to only view a lot of this as an access game.

It's cognitive dissonance: A lot of folks at the Times know and feel Trump is bad, but they also have intense ego issues over their reporting as the paper of record, and feel anyone who questions their closeness to their sources (including the Trump family and circle) is hysterical, too liberal and doesn't understand the game they need to play. It's also why none of the NYT folks ever admitted fault on Clinton - she had it coming and it was the game.

Edited by Vee

• Members

First that anonymous Op-ed, Maggie Haberman carrying water for the White House, and now this.  This from Gabriel Sherman so we know exactly where this story came from

Oh and this

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-venezuela/u-s-preparing-actions-in-coming-days-against-venezuela-pompeo-to-fox-news-idUSKCN1M12RF?feedType=RSS&feedName=worldNews&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Reuters%2FworldNews+(Reuters+World+News)&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

Look at how many white women voted for 45, even though there were many allegations of sexual misconduct against him and a video of him bragging about "grabbing".   A lot of these women are self hating thanks to the way they were raised.

Obviously, I hope more women will come to their senses after the last couple of years.  We'll see.

• Members

And the Kavanaugh mess reaches a new level: Ed Whelan, the scumbag now being humiliated and roasted for his botched "other guy attacked Dr. Ford" theory apparently accessed Dr. Ford's LinkedIn site before her name had gone public. And Whelan and Kavanaugh are tight.

Still want to tell me Kavanaugh is innocent?

• Members

Id tell Dr. Ford forget the kangaroo court. They don't care and it won't be remotely fair. Book an interview on 60 minutes - get some folks who can verify your story(psychiatrist, husband) and tell your story there. I am sure she has a ton of interviewers dying for this. She controls the forum and format.. The senate is going to do what they do.