The Politics Thread

• Members

It would depend on who takes over that role. China and Russia won't be any better. Europe is fracturing and Merkel, the main one holding things together, is likely in her last term of office. The UN itself has no problem turning a blind eye to hate speech, bigotry, and dictatorships - they are just more subtle than the idiots we now have in office.

America has been severely diminished in global power over the last few decades anyway, whether it be W alienating the world, or the virulent racism and ugliness Obama faced from so many so-called leaders like Duterte. I do think Trump has sped it up, but it's going to happen no matter who or what. I mostly fear what is next to come - for them and for us.

At least this idiot won't have any role:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/jun/29/un-trump-migration-agency-snub-nomination-rejected-iom

• Replies 41.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Is ICE collapsing?  Sure looks like it.

From this vantage point, it doesn't look like country is leading, the U.S., in particular looks pretty isolated.  Why does the world need a leader anyway?  That model looks antiquated now, Trump's WH has brought that into sharp relief.

• Members

And probably a lot worse, even now.  Who else really has the military to be a global power on the same level? I was thinking just the other day, who will save us from ourselves if things really go to hell?

Then I thought of China and what they have done to their population.  No one stopped them because the price would be far too high even if it were possible. The same is true for us.

I think a lot of nations will find a better economic and ecological partner in China, as long as they can ignore the gross human rights violations.  Plus when it comes to xenophobia is there a country more plagued with it than China? I guess it'll be interesting to see how things shake out.

Edited by Juliajms

• Members

Is Homan the one who gave that awful interview on TV a few weeks ago? (I know that doesn't narrow it down)

The only thing that makes me wary is Trump already has plans to combine and shut down so many departments, likely to make them even more subservient to him. I wonder what he will do with an immigration department entirely of his own making...

• Members

Oh, how I wish Hillary would have been president instead of the A**hole otherwise known as Trump.

I realize that she has her faults as well, but compared to T she's practically flawless.

I know I would breathe easier with her in the White House than I do now.....