Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The times has also become The Onion when it comes to this ridiculous defense of their vote of the orange clown.  They never seem to ask why poorer black evangelisticals turned away from him. They don’t want to write that article. Seriously this is just asinine.

• Members

Nope.  It isn't.

Please register in order to view this content

That's why it's more important than ever for citizens to rally behind the so-called "fourth estate."  A free and unfiltered press is the very last barrier separating us from complete tyranny.  If that barrier falls -- and the way things are looking, it just might -- we are truly, truly doomed.

• Members

That NYT article is rambling, pandering word salad. And it essentially calls the people it is pandering to hypocrites, so I don't know who it is supposed to please. I think my favorite part is when they decide to mention that various leaders of Europe are childless and Trump is not, even though Hillary being a loving mother in the public eye for 25 years got her nothing but attacks and derision, certainly not support. If we think about this, and the attacks the Obama children faced, I guess he is saying that you get support for being a loving father if you are a white man (straight man of course). Not sure why that's worthy of an op-ed either.

So many op-eds are either ponderous nothingness or quasi-incisive pieces that really just end up stating the obvious. 

I don't know why people still read any opinion pieces in that paper.

• Members

I think it was poorly written with weak arguments as well.   The author said more than once Trump is a good father and close with his children. Really?

What I remember is how Ivanka is his clear favorite because she chased after him begging for his attention as a little girl.  Oh, and the stories of how he humiliated one of his sons in front of his classmates because he didn't wear a suit to a baseball game.  When you have a favorite and your other children know it, you are a shitty parent. When you make your children come to you because you can't be bothered, you are a shitty parent.  What Trump did do is many children. Maybe that's all that counts with some?

• Members

Yeah, how would the author know?  Because, I've read the opposite: Trump was not close with his kids -- especially not with Tiffany -- and that Donald Jr. and Eric grew up alternately resenting him and seeking his approval.

• Members

I give the NY Times no clicks whatsoever. I don't know exactly what has happened in that newsroom but I don't trust them at all. I'm seeing talk on Twitter that the author of that piece is some sort of evangelical nutjob which would make sense. 

• Members

In a way, Barron is the wild card.  Trump isn't any closer to him than he is to his other kids.  However, from my perspective, Barron could be the most LIKE Trump when he grows up, or he could be a completely different person, depending on what kind of mother Melania is to him.  Time, as they say, will tell.

• Members

That makes my skin crawl. Seeing him going after Rosenstein last week you could see how stupid and how dangerous he was. He's a Republican, and a very powerful one, so I have a feeling this will just get ignored, but kudos to these people for being brave enough to speak out.