Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

A very detailed dive into Cawthorn's origins, rise and descent and the view from his supporters and backers, which is instructive and informative. A bit too sympathetic for me by half, but that's Politico for you.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I imagine this is a callout of her frog-faced replacement, Elise Stefanik. Sadly, that footstool has been amply rewarded for embracing  fascism and white supremacy. I just hope the cult turns against her soon, and she can spend her time seat-filling on Faux  News.

• Members

I went and voted in the NC primary today after work. My new polling place is very close to where I live, like a four minute walking distance. 

I am interested in seeing how things shake out in this year's primaries, especially the NC one. We have a lot of Senate candidates on the Democrat ballot, including several black candidates. I think that some of the candidates are pretty interesting.

I've been working a lot the past several months. This time of year I work a whole lot (between governmental job and my last job that I worked prior to that, where I agreed to come back and work on a part-time/part year basis. I held my prior/part time/part year second job for several years before the governmental one and I have another retirement account with them, that I want to continue to add to). Though I have been having a loaded work schedule, I tried to carve out time to research the candidates as it got closer to election day.

Some of the senate candidates are definitely very interesting and accomplished. I am interested to see what happens there, though it looks like Cherie Beasley is the front runner there. I met the candidate I voted for, for one of the NC house of representative seats. I had met him back during the last general election. I did do some research on his opponent and found out he was just recently arrested. So that made my decision for that race easier, lol. I do wish that some candidates would have more information on their page. A few of senate candidates were a bit thin on the information they provided. And I really couldn't find anything regarding the city council candidates, though someone them did hand me some information about a couple of them at the site. It does help if people provide more information about their background and where they stand on various issues. 

Edited by xtr

• Members

Cheri Beasley won the NC Senate primary very quickly. And it looks like this state may finally get rid of Madison Cawthorn as a representative in Congress. I know that people in this state are fed up with him and his antics including members of his own party. Maybe he will indeed be ousted tonight. I am interested in seeing how things shake out now with the PA senate races. I'm watching the CNN coverage and it's interesting. One of the analysts was also discussing how she interviewed people in a Walmart in PA a few days ago and that some of them were very angry/indifferent and were not open to voting.