Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I agree with you. I believe that at this point Trump is so delusional and cognitively impaired that he's just living in a dream world. Losing the election probably cut the last cord tethering him to reality.

As for Pence, I expect him to start a church or lean into fleecing Evangelicals in whatever way he can. Although I'm not sure how Evangelicals feel about Pence now that he didn't overturn the election.

• Members

I don't think they're too thrilled with him at the moment, lol.

I could see Mike Pence maybe starting his own church.  I do believe this much: I don't see his and "Mother"'s marriage lasting too much longer.  I think she was even less thrilled than Melania to live in that kind of fishbowl for the past four years, and I think that put enormous pressure on her and Mike's union, too.  So, while I'm not saying it's a GUARANTEE that the two will end up splitting, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

• Members

I think at least some within the Biden administration have learned their lesson from what happened at the start of the Obama era, when Democrats tried to cooperate with Republicans and got nowhere.  They know we can't afford to sit around and wait for these changes to happen, or for Republicans to go along with them.  Because, the GOP would be happy just to drag their feet until 2022 or '24 and let the Democrats hang themselves.

• Members

In addition to that history, Biden also has less onus on him as he is, let's face it, white. An old white man can get away with power moves against the GOP that the first Black president struggling not to be pigeonholed as the angry Black man could not.