The Politics Thread

• Members

Arnold has come a long way since his checkered to say the least "Governator" days and past indiscretions, and he has been vocal about Trump and about the Nazis, not to mention COVID, since Day 1.

As for Manchin, he was on this morning and basically hemmed and hawed on whether he'd go for 2K checks and DC and Puerto Rico statehood. The only things he said a flat no to were an assault weapons ban and killing the filibuster. With Manchin, that's a good start.

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Antonio Sabàto Jr. had been tweeting all kinds of madness. Someone had posted a screencap of some of his stuff last week, so I went into his account to look around.

It was chaos and kind of scary from what I saw - just reading back to mid-December. I didn't have the stomach to read back further. There were very frequent tweets insisting that Trump won the election.  He said COVID was just another flu and no big deal.  He said masks were bad. And he said he would *never* get a COVID vaccine and he would never allow his loved ones to get one.  Etc etc etc.

There was one tweet in which he said in Italian that Fauci is a communist @ss-hole.

It was really horrible to read - the tone, the images; and I was sorry I checked.

Then on January 4th he tweeted that his father (Antonio Sabàto Sr.) was hospitalized with COVID and needed prayers.

That was startling because it followed after a tweet he had made just hours before about how wearing masks were bad.

I didn't check his account after that but, but I recently read that his father passed away on January 6th.

Sometime in the last day or two, he deleted his account, because when I checked it yesterday, it came up as saying "this account does not exist".

After it was discussed here on SON upthread, I see now that Sabàto Jr.  reopened his twitter account, with only two tweets. One tweet was a request to follow his "conservative" film company. The other tweet is an image implying that Twitter is communist - indicating that he's upset that Twitter suspended Trump.

I think you must have looked at it right after he reopened his twitter account.  Now he has a lot of followers so there must have been a slight delay in updating the display of his account after he reopened it.

• Members

They can kiss my Black ass as well.  We've said all along that this would happen, and it did.  But, the GOP just dismissed us as "snowflakes."  They need to own this.  They need to be held accountable for it.  Then, MAYBE we can talk about unity and healing.

• Members

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if more stories like these were to surface in the days, weeks and months to come.  It's scary when you think just how close this came to being a mass slaughter.  That's why I say the right and far-right can shove it with their talk of needing unity.  If they want unity, then they're going to have to do the work.

• Members

Thank you. Same thing for women who are domestic and/or sexual abuse survivors. T**** is the enraged, deranged ex who screams, breaks things and declares if he doesn't get what he wants - no one will have it. The Capitol Building feels tainted to me now. I am terrified of not knowing what will happen between now and January 20th. I don't feel safe.  

Here are a few chillingly accurate articles I found that illustrate my point:

http://www.harperwest.co/beware-escalating-danger-as-us-divorces-trump-the-abuser/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonglobe.com/2020/09/30/metro/too-big-ignore/%3foutputType=amp

https://www.google.com/amp/s/esme.com/single-mom-voices/time-out-corner/time-out-donald-trump-for-abusive-rhetoric.amp.html

https://www.salon.com/2020/11/18/how-does-america-heal-from-years-of-trumps-abuse-end-the-catastrophic-thinking/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/12/trump-america-abusive-relationship-exit.amp