• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

AMEN my friend!!!  

I am off today and was taking a break from some painting I am doing in my home this morning, and I turned on The View for about 30 minutes.  Not a bad show today but I listened to Meghan McCain again say how we need to really understand the 74 million people and how THIS PARTICULAR woman got radicalized.  Sunny refuted her point of many of these people JUST getting radicalized versus being given permission to behave this way for the last not just 4 years but 12 years because SOME of this started when Obama was elected and we need to stop giving it oxygen. 

I was already exhausted then Nutmeg said but this woman was a veteran. I heard that and rolled my eyes. So was Timothy McVeigh and I'll bet her reason for storming the capital and his reason for blowing up that building in Oklahoma City were about the same. No one was bending over backwards to understand him at the time and we should refuse to understand and empathize with this woman.

Edited by JaneAusten

• Members

WASHINGTON — A man photographed casually sitting with his foot on a desk in House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's office at the U.S. Capitol while a pro-Trump mob rampaged the halls of Congress was arrested Friday, law enforcement officials said.

Richard Barnett, 60, of Gravette, Arkansas, was taken into custody in his home state on charges of entering and remaining on restricted grounds, violent entry and theft of public property. Further details were not immediately available.

Apparent images of Barnett were splashed across social media as the deadly mayhem unfolded in the nation's capital on Wednesday, just as Democratic and Republican lawmakers convened to count the Electoral College votes. Members of Congress condemned the violence and rioting, which was preceded by a rally led by President Donald Trump who told his supporters to swarm the Capitol in defiance of the election results.

A New York Times reporter tweeted that he spoke with Barnett after his stunt in Pelosi's office. In a video, he boasts that he took a personalized envelope, but insisted he didn't steal it.

"I left a quarter on her desk," he said.

• Members

Here we go already with this [!@#$%^&*]. And dumbasses in the replies are saying oh well Hawley will do it, the Republicans will support it, blah blah blah. No, they won't. Either Biden will have to twist any aid into knots for Manchin or it won't go through.

• Members

Rademacher, Baio and Sabato Jr. were very lucky to have gotten as far as they have in life. Baio had a minimum of talent when he was young but the rest had negligible amount of talent. My guess is that they're upset that the sheen of charm that they once exuded all but totally evaporated about 20 years ago and their tickets on the fame gravy train expired, along with their luck.

• Members

Pardon me, but why does it matter what Joe Manchin has to say about, well, anything?

That's another thing that's working my last, damn nerve: how we're supposed to "understand" the seventy-some million who have supported this rotten administration.  All we've done these past four years (and beyond -- going all the way back, frankly, to John Edwards) is listen to and try to understand these people -- and look where it has gotten us.  And now, these people occupy the Capitol like the villains in an '80's Golan-Globus movie, because they say they're not being heard?  Give me a damn break!  You've BEEN heard, and guess what?  We've decided you're wrong.  Now, be like good boys and girls and Go. Home.

Edited by Khan

• Members

He's the 50th vote. If he votes no, they will have to rely on Republican votes. I don't remember how it works exactly, but I think they may even need 60 votes if he doesn't go along. They will be lucky to get 1 or 2 Republican votes at most - and that's generous. 

His people are now trying to twist those knots, right on time:

"Relief targeted to those who've lost their job" is also pushed by old hacks like Larry Summers who helped Democrats lose the House by a wide margin in 2010. It's punishing to the millions of people who have not been fired, but are struggling badly to get by on what they have. 

I just hope they do not go along with this, because it doesn't matter how many sensible editorials they get from NYT or New Republic - they will lose in 2022, people will not forget.