The Politics Thread

• Members

This is one of those sneeringly "clever" twists that the limp dicks on the far right think will "own" liberals. Oh you love gay marriage, so why are you complaining, ha ha ha.

I hope some of the people who are threatened by this have their wedding ceremonies on the White House lawn. 

• Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Much has been made about Georgia governor candidate Stacey Abrams' mortgage debt but it looks like Brian Kemp has an emerging suit regarding a delinquent loan.

For Brian Kemp, suit over bad loan reveals political, financial perils

Also

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It is. It's also blatant pandering to social conservatives before the election. These people have too much power.

Didn't GA's current governor declare bankruptcy? Republicans didn't seem to care. I guess it's different with Abrams. What a surprise.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

She owes the IRS for back taxes though and that is unusual in a candidate.  At the same time, I have really hard time caring about this kind of thing given the financial shenanigans 45 has engaged in.  Of course, that's the danger of corruption at the top, all these smaller issues seem like chicken feed.

• Members

I'm so sick of hearing about the Grifter-in-Chief but apparently everyone is now talking about the NYT article about Fred Trump and his conning spawn and the specifics of their tax evading ways.

@Juliajms Last year, I read a very long article (maybe in The Atlantic) that talked all about the Trumps' ties to Eastern Europe, including the former Czechoslovakia.

Yes, and I did read that there were extensive files about the Trumps and the Zelnicek family (Ivana's family) that traveled all the way to Russia because of the connections between intelligence networks of the former Soviet Union. 

For this reason, many are proposing that the Russians already had a lot of intelligence and kompromat on Donald Trump before he even set foot in Russia for the first time in the late 1980s.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

From the NYT article:

Another football player, Mr. Davis, was the heartthrob of the bunch, classmates said. They thought he looked like the singer Rick Springfield.

How much alcohol do you have to consume to think Rick Springfield is good-looking?

Edited by Khan