OLTL: SID and SOD tidbits

• Members

Antonio had a big story this year with Carlo and Mendorra. Whether or not that story was actually GOOD is up to opinion but he was featured in a big summer story with major characters. The last time the man was truly the star of the show was during the Summer of Santi, and we all know how that went. He's just not that likable. Talia makes him tolerable and even that wears thin because there's no real conflict between the two. Send Antonio and Christian on a trip to kill Carlo and have Markko become the new Latino star of the show. Bring on his family too!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Antonio has run his course. When Tonio first showed up he was a convict, a gang member and the black sheep of the Vega family. Since then he's become a cop, a detective, a Santi, a father and a certified good guy. He's had plenty of pairings, the most successful being with Max Holden's sister, Andy. The show clearly has no interest in investing in the Vegas as a family so there really isn't anywhere for Antonio to go. I just hope he takes Cris with him.

• Members

I agree there, characters do ruin their course, so I don't blame him for wanting to leave. I still love Cristian though (David Fumero is just gorgeous, haha), but it's ashame Sarah is leaving, I really enjoyed them together as one of the "cute" couples on OLTL. However, I see where they're going with Vanessa and Cristian, not really excited for that.

• Members

The only times I find the Vega boys endearing is when they're interacting with Carlotta. I liked those early days of the Vegas, Pat Mauceri and Yorlin Madera brought a refreshing flavor to the show, and Cristian was a real person back then, not some typical soap hunk who hopped from girl to girl. I have never been able to swallow the way Jessica fell for Antonio, as Cris did for Natalie, and how Jess and Cris went on the deal with one another so casually when I remember how special their relationship was. Of course we're talking about a different set of actors, but they were so in love and now they act like that never happened.

• Members

Holy crow, could Kamar possibly be more arrogant? He's one of the worst actors on the show--only David Fumero is worse--and if he hasn't learned how to act after playing the character for 10 years, he's lucky the show didn't throw him out long ago. I'd love to see the show bring in another Latino family --preferably with real actors this time around. I'd also like to see what Beth Ann Bonner can do once her character is freed from Kamar's. I think she has a lot of potential

I'm sorry that Dr Joplin is going to commit suicide.. I like the actress and the character, but the storyline makes sense. they don't do many suicide stories on daytime, so I'm interested in seeing how they will handle this one

• Members

Too bad I don't hear any Dorian-centric storylines coming up.

I also thought the hot teacher will eventually sleep with one of the students. Probably Lola. She seems like the stereotypical tramp. I really wish Ron doesn't go this route, though, since it's been done this year on 90210 and doesn't really need to be repeated on this soap.

I tuned out of OLTL when Tea was on (switching to AWTW during it's glory days) so I missed all of this supposed heat and passion Lozano and Howarth shared. But TSJ is a genius. I'm thinking it'll be just as great. Then again, considering how Lozano doesn't want anything long term, it most likely won't be as combustible as we all hope.

Todd's future is so up in the air at this point and I don't really like it. It's good for a writer to keep his audience guessing but it'd be nice if there were some clues that had been planted throughout the last few months that'd foreshadow a general circumstance for Todd. Now, it seems like he'll go to jail but an imprisoned Todd is a boring one. I'm really not looking forward to what Ron is cooking up for Llandview's sickest rapist.

As for Kamar, he's bad. IA tina m. Fumero is worse but hotter so he gets the pass. But I'd still be sad when he's gone. Not that it matters one way or the other but I'll miss him nonetheless. It'll be like losing one pair of a dozen tube socks after doing laundry...

Oh, and I don't see the need for the Doctor to commit suicide. Ron is fascinated with OTT behavior that stems from nothing and leads to nothing isn't he? Jesus.

• Members

Actually, what do we know about Dr. Joplin already, or what is going to lead to this? She already feels disgraced, so it's not a stretch that she commits suicide after some discovery she makes about the baby, after the autopsy. It's possible they write in something happening to her son, too, that puts her to the brink of despair. Maybe her conspiracy with Todd comes to light and she faces criminal charges.

Not all depressed people wear their depression on their sleeves, after all. If it's written well, it makes sense. I'm going to give it a chance, because I feel Ron can write this well. He pretty much salvaged the whole Tarty thing for a lot of people (with that and with SH's acting), so I can see him taking care of this well, too.

• Members

What you mean Dr. Joplin shouldn't be jumping up and down and throwing a party for herself?

Seriously, it's a sad end to a recurring character/actor that has grown on me, but I don't see how anyone didn't see something like this coming. Sadly she's just another one of Todd's victims.

Archived