OLTL: SID and SOD tidbits

• Members

SID

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/oltl/main/699623

Is Kamar Out?

OLTL will look a lot different if Antonio exits, but the beloved character's portrayer says the change may be somthing that is much needed - both for himself and for the show! "I realized that after 10 years of being on OLTL, Antonio is no longer the central figure that I believe he deserves to be," the actor exclusively tells SID. "I realize that that is not intentional on the show's part, but over the years, he has become less and less valued. I believe that there is a cut-off point for characters...and I think it may be time to say goodbye."

Though the actor is till in negoiations with the show, if the chooses to leave, he anticipates that he will finish taping Monday, January 5, and will appear on screen through the end of that month. "We haven't talked about what plans they have for Antonio and how they would want to see him go if I decide to leave," he says, adding that there's a possibility he could stick around longer if Antonio's story improves. "I consider my colleagues to be family, and I am forever grateful to the powers that be for the opportunity to be part of the best show in daytime. However, it may be time for me to say, 'C'est la vie.'"

Casting Rumors

Also in the new SID it looks like the script that was out for someone's sister is Thalia's sister.

It says: the soap is also looking to cast the contract role of Stacy, Talia's hell-raising younger sister.

It also says that they hear that Scott Clifton (ex-Dillion, GH) has tested for the upcoming role of OLTL's hunky high school teach, Schuyler.

Bree Williamson is taking off on her honeymoon during the holiday season, which means her character(s) might be taking some time off, too! "I'm going away on a big, fat vacation!? Williamson tells SID. "We're going for four weeks to New Zealand for our honeymoon!" A rep for OLTL had no comment as to whether or not the actress' travel plans would affect her screentime.

VCR Dates

After everything that's happened in recent weeks, it's not surprising that the residents of Llanview have it out for Todd? Vicki kicks things off by ripping into her brother for his misdeeds on Wednesday, Dec. 3. The verbal beating prompts the schemer to take his change at an escape on Dec. 4, but John stops Todd in his tracks on Dec. 5. In fact, John gives Todd a taste of his own medicine! The creep finally catches a break when Tea surprises him by offering her help on Dec. 8. But after Nora challenges him to do the right thing on Dec. 11, Todd refuses Tea's help! His decision prompts his ex-wife to vow that she will help him whether he likes it or not! on Dec. 12.

Controversial Couples Next Story!

Fans wailed about Todd and Marty's unsettling romantic connection, and RC listened. But that doesn't mean that he is ready to give in to demands that the characters should stay far apart. "I'm certainly not saying that it is okay for a rapist and his victim to fall in love. Todd raped Marty, and it's one of the most seminal stories on the show." "make no mistake: Todd did an extremely bad thing! But at the same time he was trying to desparately in his own twisted way to redeem himself...and Tess pointed out to him that if he can get his person who represents the very worst of him to love him, then maybe he's not as horrible as everyone-including himself-thinks he is".

Much to many fan's chagrin, Todd's somehow managed to get his former rape victim to fall madly in love with him - and RC says that Marty isn't going to be able to ignore those strong romantic feelings anytime soon, despite knowing all about the horrific schemes Todd pulled. "That will be the interesting part for Marty in the next arc of the story. "I don't think people can imagine that she could ever continue loving somone like that, but what do you do with those feelings when you're expected to just shut them off in an instant! Will they come creeping back? And what will she do about them? That's the key and it's not going to be easy for either of them"

RC adds that the show is "in no way cheering for a romance between the two", but the characters must deal with their surprising romantic connection as a natural progression of the story. Besides, as the scribe notes, the characters' portrayers, TSJ and SH, have great chemistry, and "they do sell it!" Now, it's just a matter of whether fans will buy it!

Natalie Fears Jessica!

OLTL's Natalie may be free to see the light of day, but that doesn't mean she wants to see her psycho sis, despite the fact that the hell-raising Tess has reverted to the seemingly innocent Jessica! "I think that she wants to look at ther like she's Jess, but I think she still sees Tess," says MA. And who can blame the girl? Jess is a dead ringer for the crazy blonde who tried to kill her and her lover, after all! Not to mention the bitchy schemer has quite the knack for perfectly impersonating the alter she popped out to protect. So with those odds stacked against Jess, will Nat ever get back to that loving feeling she once had with her sibling? "I think it's going to be a while before she can feel comfortable around her, but she does love her sister," the actress says, "But I also think that she knows that her sister is still angry with her for everything that happened with Nash, so there's alot of guilt; it's very complicated!"

Someone's Out to Get Todd!

It seems like everyone's had a chance to blast Todd for his horrendous crimes of late, but this week, a special someone really gives the schemer an earful! Meanwhile, someone in Llanview knows that Jessica was given the wrong baby - and nothting will stop this person from getting the truth out!

Daddy's Girl No Longer

She may have always looked up to her dear old dad, but this week, Starr now looks down way down on the man who planned to betray her in the worst way imaginable. When the wronged girl confronts him and hears that he did plan to steal her baby, she spits out that he doesn't know what love is and storms off. Later, Todd gets a surprise in the form of an unknown visitor!

Who Knows the Truth?

After studying Starr's baby autopsy report, Dr. Joplin is stunned to realize that the tot had a condition that she should have detected in utero. Blaming herself for the infant's death, the doc tells Starr, Marcie, Michael, Blair and Dorian that the misdiagnosis was her mistake alone. Meanwhile, after Jessica is hypnotized at St. Anne's Tess emerges and demands to know what her doctor is going to do about the fact that she and Jess were given the wrong baby! The blonde then urges the doc to do whatever it takes to uncover the truth?

Surprise!

While Viki and Blair share an emotional moment over Todd's recent actions, Starr's baby's death and Jessica's living infant, Starr takes baby Chloe in her arms and gets a shocking surprise! Just then, Nora walks a handcuffed Todd past the group, and someone is thrown in the slameer after she makes a stunning discovery! Guess who shows up during the ensuring chaos? Tea, of course. But just what made the attorney decide to return to Llanview? And will she end up helping Todd or pushing him further over the edge?

SOD

http://soapzone.com/boards/read.php/oltl/main/699672

Everybody Hates Todd, Part Two

Todd gets himself in hot water this week when a botched escape attempt lands him in jail and two of the people he loves the most deny him their support. KA (Starr) says that "it's really intense." Starr is the first to confront Todd while he's still recovering from his injuries. Starr goes to his hospital room and demands that he admits that he was planning on stealing her baby. KA says "it's unlike any other Starr/Todd confrontation. It's Starr being exhausted by all of these things and just tired and fed up with him." Todd explains that he tried to stop what he started after realizing his true love for Marty, which only complicates Starr's feelings. KA says " There's a lot of different emotions. As much as Starr wants to be pissed at Todd, she still loves him so much. I think it's a hard pull for her. She's like, 'I love you, but how could you do this?'" Vicki rips into Todd as well & ultimately decides to write him off, making it clear that she'll never forgive him for what he did to her daughters. Todd, who is in a state of arrest for Marty's kidnapping, decides to bolt and gets bust by Nora. HBS (Nora) says "when he's in the hospital, Nora can't really do much with him. She's just gathering information and trying as best she can to bring Marty up to speed about her life. But then she finds Todd roaming around the hospital, and that's when she goes, 'Oh, if you're well enough to do that, you're well enough to go to jail,' and he gets taken off to jail!'" So it's the women on Llanview vs. Todd, now that Starr, Vicki, Nora, and Blair all sympathize with Marty. HBS (Nora) says "It's great. It redifines the town a little bit. It gets people picking sides and taking numbers. But just when it looks like there's not a soul on the planet who will defend Todd, he has a very unexpected visitor-his former wife and lawyer, Tea Delgado. Could Tea be the savior he so desperately needs?

Stuff We Know:

At press time, OLTL was still testing for the role of the enw high school teacher.

Comings:

Florencia Lozano (Tea Delgado): Tea returns to town Friday, December 5th & is determined to save Todd.

A Martinez (Ray Montez): Ray returns the week of December 22nd.

Goings:

Maureen Mueller (Dr. Joplin): Dr. Joplin comitts suicide the week of December 1st.

VCR Alerts:

Vicki makes a decision about her relationship with Charlie on Monday, December 8th. Rex makes inroads with Shane on Tuesday, December 9th.

Florencia Lozano (Tea Delgado) has a feature length interview. She first talks about her love for NY and how NY is her home. She can be seen in three feature will in the coming year, one starring Sarah Michelle Gellar. She then talks about a theater company she started that Elizabeth Rodriguiz (Carmen, AMC) is apart of. Reprising Tea has always been in the back of her mind, but on one condition: FL says "They had approached me before and my thing was I wanted to not committ to too long an amount of time. I've always wanted to continue working in theater and do the episodics and film stuff." Lucky for viewers and for Todd, Lozano and OLTL were able to work something out (the length of which they're not disclosing). The last time viewers saw Tea in 2002 she was stranded on a desert island after a romantic relapse with Todd, who had enlisted her in an attempt to kidnap his kids, yet she's now returning to defend him. FL says "She's on his side because she's a woman who never learns her lesson. But being caught in that "wheel," says Lozano, is what still attracts her to the character. FL says "I think it's something that a lot of women can relate to. It's a powerful mechanism of repeating one's mistakes, and because she is older and more experienced and brings more power to what she does, it's even more dangerous. It's fun to play a woman who's deeply in trouble and deeply convincing herself that she's not." One challenge is working with a different Todd than when she was first on the show. FL says "I thought that was a really fun challenge, actually. There's so much we don't know about each other and I just like trusting that we will have something that is ours, to allow Trevor and I to have our own chemistry. He's a lot of fun to play with." Previously, Lozano and Roger Howarth created something that was nearly impossible: a popular love story that wasn't with Blair. FL says "There's something more boyish about Trevor," she muses of her new co-star. There's something a little younger, maybe a little more goofy. I mean, Roger was playful, but in a different way." FL who grew up watching GH has no qualms about returning to soaps. FL says "There's something about the way we tell stories on a soap, that open-ended, long-term, moment-to-moment was that soaps enter peoples lives. The things that happen in regular people's lives rival the stuff that we do. And being able to come into their homes and act out emotional beats for them feels meaningful. That's a gift to be able to play out."

FL Praises Trevor St. John: "He doesn't try to repeat something if it's been sucessful in the past; every time is the first time."

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly. I always suspected FL understood that. She's a beautiful and talented woman; I've always thought so even when Tea drove me nuts. Tea courts this kind of dysfunctional insanity in her life because it's all she's known. I had hoped she would change, but I knew she'd position herself as the only person willing to go to bat for Todd in this disgusting situation. She thrives on monsters like him in her life.

• Members

Every time I read that (Kamar's quotes) I become more convinced that it's a done deal and they're just trying to put a positive spin on it. If the decision hasn't been made for certain, how on earth does he have any idea when his last scenes will be taped or aired.

I wonder if he was offered recurring and just declined and is now trying to make it look like it was more his decision.

• Members

It's not as though OLTL has a ton of leading men running around LLanview- there is definitely a drought in the 30 somethings....It's a pity they haven't made better use of his character. I think KDLR should brush up on those acting classes and get back to auditioning.

• Members

YES!!!!!! Kamar is friggin terrible!!! Always has been always will be! Michael Easton and David Fumero next and I am IN HEAVEN!

This dude had a big part in getting the awesome Timothy guy (Marcy's brother Ron) fired.

OLTL had such a great shot with him, and they let Kamar win.

This guy has a huge ego and I hope he leaves. Antonio is a bore.

• Members

It sounds a bit conceited but he does have a important. I love Antonio and Taila but Antonio has done nothing or been a part of any huge storylines in the last year or so. I think ever since Jessica/Antonio split, he's been in the background. Don't blame him one bit.

• Members

For realz... I was just typing in another thread how I was sick of the Vega boys, and I felt a tinge of guilt after reading that above. But his smug tude quickly took care of that. He's lucky it's lasted this long. And I'm sorry, but I just have a huge problem with male actors who go around mumbling their lines cramming their voices down, low and scratchy. At least it comes naturally for Eric Braeden.

Okay, so which one of his students is hunky (?) professor Dillon gonna sleep with?

Archived