Y&R: Week of November 17, 2008

• Members

I heard Rauch changed around the production schedule. Griffith had them taping a week's worth of episodes in 4 days, they're back to 5 days a week again from what I've heard some actors say. Also, Rauch brought back the on set acting coaches that Latham took away, Sony had a video on their Y&R site a few weeks back with the guy who works with the actors and helps them with their lines. And of course, Rauch is there for almost every step of the production of the show (pretty neat for being 74 LOL!) giving the actors tips and stuff.

All these little things help the show, it's incredible when a show is in the hands of a producer who knows what he/she is doing.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's done several movies since she joined Y&R, in fact according to IMBD, this is her third film this year. She obviously only considers Y&R a stepping-stone for her career.

I can't name any other actor on the show that's done as many outside project as she has this year. I don't see her signing on for more years after her contract expires, which will be good news for those who simply think she's miscast, or bad news for you.

I don't think she's a bad actress, just very miscast for the role of Colleen. Then again, her absence is proving just how unneeded the role is Colleen is right now.

• Members

I actually wouldn't hate it if she did quit. As long as it's her decision. She needs to be in a role where she is appreciated. If she does quit, I would hope they'd either try to get Lyndsy Fonseca back or just recast again. (Alexandra Chando, anyone? Shelley Hennig, anyone?) But for now, I am enjoying TS in the role, despite her flaws. She's shaping up to be a nice little "mini-Brad".

However if she was fired in order to bring back Adrianne "Mumbles" Leon, I would be furious. Not only because I didn't like her as Colleen, but also because the thought of the AL fans who treated TS like crap getting their way makes me feel physically sick.

• Administrator

Do you know if Tammin's still making music? I like her pop songs and was hoping she'd get back in the recording studio and I'm actually looking forward to " Spectacular!" to see how she does. :lol: She should leave Y&R to focus more on film and music.

• Members

There's more pics from YET ANOTHER Jeanne Cooper birthday party. This one was hosted by the Bell's at the Bell mansion. You'll see lots of current and former Y&R castmembers, some B&B castmembers, Paul Rauch, Barbara Bloom, Steve Kent, Kay Alden, and others.

One that really puzzled me was with Tricia Cast and Lauralee Bell. I miss Nina and Cricket's friendship, LOL! Bell is so f-ucking ungrateful to this show, and it's her parents show! She could have returned for Katherine's funeral but didn't, and she refused to return earlier in the year for a guest spot when her OWN MOTHER asked her. To think of all the years us Y&R fans had to put up with her learning how to act on screen...

Anyway, here's the link: http://imagebank.maosworld.com/index.php?a...oekwoord=117852

I think this whole Katherine/Marge storyline was a celebration for Jeanne Cooper's 35th year on the show and her 80th birthday. The Bell's seem very appreciative of her.

• Members

Those party pictures are wonderful! I adore the Bells and I just LOVE Lee Phillip Bell, swanning about the place like she's Stephanie Forrester...oh wait...she is...

MAB and PR, thank God almighty, get along and PR seems to be a nice part of the Bell fold. Nice to see Kay Alden there as well...same goes to Alex Donnelly, I would love to see her Diane make a return to Y&R! That'd be fabulous. Susan Flannery is looking very very well, those red glasses really suit her!

There is just something so wonderful about throwing an 80th birthday party at a Beverly Hills mansion...like that's how it's done in Hollywood. And only the Bells could do it without looking vulgar.

• Members

Anyone else confuse Rauch and Flannery?

Back to the show...

Eileen Davidson looked smashing with the simple hair style and red blouse.The character needs to stay away from Victor as Ashley seems to lose all common sense around the moustache.

I liked the John Abbott appearances with Jack,Ashley & Traci - ghost John should appear from time to time-but a little goes a long way.

The scene where Murphy read the paper and saw Victor.Wouldn't Katherine' death have received major coverage in The Chronicle?If Murphy knew of Victor then how come he doesn't know of Katherine?

Nice to have a rest from the A stories.Neil/Karen/Tyra has potential if played right.

Cane/Lily/Billy/Chloe is not working due to the blandness of Lily and the lack of chemistry b/w the 2 guys and Lily.

• Members

:lol:

Just got to add my thoughts on the funeral stuff as someone who has only ever been an occasional viewer. It was the first time I've actually watched the show properly in months and it was spectacular. So much nostalgia but not in a shitty ABC way e.g shove a few vets in the back row at Lila Quartermaine's real funeral.

With a relatively new regime writing characters like that back in and especially with limited airtime, it could have been easy for them to simply become 'faces'. Characters who blended into one mourning mass. But they all had a role. Nina's understated "He's cute. But he's no Phillip" was absolutely spot on. We didn't need a whole episode dedicated to histrionics about it. They granted the audience some intelligence.

And as for Jill sniping at a blubbering Nikki over the jewellery, absolutely priceless. Even Gloria's tacky arrival made me LOL because it was played for reactions not to throw Judith Chapman in the centre of the scene.

• Members

LOL! I actually think there's a heavy Rauch/McCook resemblance.

Those pictures are great. Patty Weaver looks so good in that one pic she's in, much better than she looked on the show during the funeral stuff.

As for Diane, I'd love to have her back as well, but only if it's the one who played her in the mid-to-late 1990s.

Archived