Y&R: Week of November 17, 2008

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah I think you were right about the year.

Nikki was introduced in 1979 so she was on the show about 2 years by 1981. She was played by Erica Hope first who was okay but the role really came alive with Melody Thomas in the role.

Bell really did a good job introducing all the new characters with the existing ones which really helped the transition.

He used 5 of the former leading ladies of the show.

Kay brought Victor to town who then went after the Prentiss company which spurred Lauralee to get involved with Victor in order to get Lance's company back for him.

Plus he brought back Lauralee's baby sister, Peggy, played by the original actress who got involved with both Paul's brother, Steve, and the playboy Jack Abbott.

As you said that low point in Jill's life spurred her to do better and she went to work at Jabot and got involved with Jack who was engaged to Peggy at the time.

And Chris Brooks Foster is really how Paul was introduced. She was helping April Stevens with Heather at the time. I forget how they actually got involved with Heather, but Chris learned that Paul was the father of the baby and wasn't owning up to his responsibility. It was then later learned in the process that Paul had also been sleeping with Nikki and gave her VD.

Leslie was really the only Brooks sister that had been one of the central ladies of the show who didn't usher in the new regime. I really wish that Bell could have held on to at least Jaime Lyn Bauer who was one of the only original cast members left at that time (Robert Colbert & Julianna McCarthy being the only other 2 who had stayed on the show and not left like Pamela Peters did.)

I think having Laurie there and set a long time rivalry between her and Jill would have really been an acknowledgement of the long history of the show.

• Members

Did Dean LaMont experiment like hell with the camera angles on today's US episode or what! And I love how he ended the episode with a 4 way split screen, that's such a LaMont thing to do.

Adam looked like he was about to crap his pants after the final scene with Victor. The show was fairly Newman-centric on Wednesday, clearly a filler episode after the other high profile episodes we've gotten recently, but enjoyable nonetheless.

The pace hasn't been rushed at all lately. Three episodes in a row took place in the same day!

Tomorrow looks good with the reading of Kay's will...

• Members

OH MY GOD! The last 2 minutes were heavenly. It just seemed so real. And I cannot wait to see what Victor does to squash that little bug down into little pieces. Woo!!

But, I loved how Chris stood toe-to-toe with Eric. He wasn't backing down one bit. And I loved how he released his nerves at the end. I'm totally a fan of Adam again. He seemed quite pitiful, never standing up to Jack when they made the diary. But seeing his resolve today really impressed me. I'm glad the writers decided to make him seem so strong in this instance.

Also, the split screen was a curious mash of characters. Why Victor/Nikki/Ashley/Adam? And Adam behind the mesh on the door seemed to foreshadow his imprisonment. But why Nikki and Ashley? Such an interesting choice of characters to mash up. Almost as if Victor's plan will involve Nikki and Ashley...

I think that the writers have been so effective recently because they plant their seeds along the course of an episode or a few episodes to lead the audience to an inevitable place. This is what they're doing with Neil/Tyra/Karen (Karen's insecurities/Neil wanting a baby of his own/Tyra's attracted to him. It's all moving toward a Neil/Tyra thing. And that's only the least complex story they're sculpting.

Now with Heather today, you know that she's headed for downfall because the only thing that's propping up her case is the diary. So, not only will her case be thrown out when they find out it's forgery, she'll lose her job AGAIN and when she finds out that Adam was the one behind it, she'll kick him to the curb.

And the BEST thing about this ish is that who knows what Heather will do next?

Then Phyllis!!

And!!!!! Sharon listening in on Jack! Awww.

• Administrator

Yeah, Thursday's episode is great from beginning to end. Janice wrote yet another good script and I'm glad Sally got to direct this episode. I think Sara Bibel's gonna love this episode since there's a Abbott family breakfast. LOL The Abbott family rocks.

Archived