OLTL Discussion: Week of November 3rd

• Members

Huuhhhh... this is a tough one. No, I do not like what Todd's been doing , but he was really winning me over (I know, I can't believe it either) when he was rebuffing Marty's advances. I think we viewers needed that. That, to me, brought Todd a few steps back from that dirty little “there's no turning back” corner he was being written into.

SH played that "I'm in love with you" scene beautifully, she is not acting with even a smidge of a wink of irony, this Marty loves this Todd and I buy it I buy it I buy it.

I can say with confidence that this REALLY wouldn't have worked with RH, b/c RH is a weasel. TSJ is a feline. I think he and SH have great chemistry, and RH would have totally skeeved us out. I have never watched soaps for romance, forget romance, but the sexual tension between these two in that scene was palpable. And maybe this speaks to my own twisted brain, but there was something very sexy about naive, clueless, head over heels Marty bashfully throwing herself at Todd and him politely shooting her down. I hate to even throw the word misogyny into the discussion, but it never ceases to amaze me how a genre created for women is always coming up with these kinds of stories.

But Todd must pay, and pay he will. I just think it's great acting and storytelling that I could even for a second have a positive reaction to the idea of these two as a couple. But Todd getting away with murder time after time is getting very old. Marty needs to come back with a vengeance and I would not mind seeing her get violent with Todd, she needs to give him a fresh new scar on his face.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If you liked Passions (not that there's anything wrong with that) then OLTL is right up your alley IMO. Rapemance, dead babies, alters hallucinating about other alters, and puppies. This is not MY OLTL and it's not what I tuned in to see. So I barely do anymore.

• Members

I wonder if people were this repulsed when Laura fell for her rapist Luke on General Hospital?

Okay, I'm watching now, and is this the first time "Bess" has been introduced? If a better actress was in the role (rather than Williamson), this stuff would have been an acting clinic. BTW how did Tess have the baby?

Archived