OLTL Discussion: Week of November 3rd

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am really sorry.

But Kristen was TERRIBLE today.

She is out of her league.

She is a VERY, VERY, VERY lucky girl having a front burner leading role on a soap, all things considered....

If I was OLTL's Exec Producer, well let's be real, if I were Brian Frons, I would overhaul OLTL's ENTIRE under 32 crowd- including Bree's "hitcha wit a sledgehammer" acting style, David Fumero, Kristen, Gigi, the dude who play's Gigi's son, of course recast Sarah (see ya Justice!). I find Melissa Archer terrible as well.

They need some younger actors on par with the adults.

• Members

If wishes were horses . . .

I think they're on a par with actors of the same age group on other soaps. I don't think Rebecca Buddig, or Alicia Minshew or any other performer on any ABC soap is Meryl Streep. I do think some of the talent on CBS is superior. But they're (MA, Bree, et al) not going anywhere so I don't understand how you can continue to watch or enjoy the show if you think they're so terrible.

Who in that age group on any soap do you think is so extraordinary?

• Members

LOL! And I love you back. I always use her for some unknown reason, and even I don't think she's that great. Maybe Cate Blanchett would be better?

And I totally agree that these performers work under constraints unheard of in any other medium. It's great that they make their characters live day after day and "own" them, because they sure don't get to have long rehearsals with a director and multiple takes to get it right.

If I thought the "talent" was so much greater on another soap, I'd probably be watching that one.

• Members

I am not talking about other shows I am talking about OLTL. And their younger cast SUCKS.

They need coaches. To have an actress of Kristen's "caliber" carrying a HUGE storyline requires a certain level of talent. This is just my opinion.

Today, I cringed at her performance. I don't cringe while watching Y&R (with the exception of that Australian chick).. I continuously cringe when watching OLTL.

And the majority of the younger casts on Y&R, ATWT, and GH are far superior to OLTL's.

Archer is shrill and one note, Bree is the same. David Fumero?

OLTL is my all time favorite soap, I watch it out of a sense of sentimentality, not because I particularly enjoy it most of the time.

As for the adults? I feel the cast is one of the best, along with Y&R and GH.

I miss the days when shows had younger talents like Jennifer Finnigan on B&B. That girl knew how to act.

I am almost 33 so maybe I am getting old and cranky.

• Members

LOL! You're a babe! Far too young to be getting old and cranky. Again, I only watch what I enjoy. I have no idea who Jennifer Finnigan is. I've recently begun watching GH and I don't find their "under 30's" to be such stellar talents. I guess I would say all the performers are "spotty". I find the same to be true on other soaps. It's just subjective. But as I've proven time and again, when it begins to make me cringe, I watch something else. There are too many alternatives these days to put myself through such torture.

Archived