OLTL Discussion: Week of November 3rd

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My head is still sort of "woah" about Thursday's episode.

I thought they were making some kind of point in the scenes when Todd flashed back to the rape. Like the scene when Todd ran to Marty's room and burst in with this... angry look in his eye. All I could think is, where are they going with this? Todd confronting his demons?

Instead, when Marty twirled her black underwear in that candle-filled room (Pottery Barn had a sale, huh), all I could think was I've been gunning for a return to Love in the Afternoon for years. This is what I get.

I honestly didn't think OLTL would go there. I didn't even know how I would react when they did. I guess I was waiting for some HUGE pay-off that would make this all, somehow, justified. But when I saw TSJ's nekkid back bumping up-and-down over SH in soft-focus, it crossed a line. And when they were sitting in bed after and Marty asked "How do you feel?", I was ready for Todd to snarl "The same, Marty. I feel exactly the same."

I still don't know where OLTL are going with this. I'm really worried that the show has passed a Point of No Return here.

Archived