AMC Tornado: "Look at Me, I'm Chuckie P"

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They're different animals but they have to exist in the same world. Daytime doesn't get to pretend that the internet doesn't exist so it needs to acknowledge internet fans and deal with them accordingly.

It's not the responsibility of the audience to stay the same. Its up to the genre to adapt to the audience if it wants to survive, let alone grow.

Not only was it bitchy, it was a perfect example of the arrogance plaguing soap management. "You stay on the couch and eat candy, little viewer, while we make the magic show in the pretty light box." I was really surprised to see Marlena go there since she refers to her readers as thinking fans.

• Members

Did it start off some interesting storylines? Yes. Did it reshape shake up the show? No so much IMO. I'd hardly call killing off one minor character (which is what Babe had become) and placing a iritating busy body in a coma "shaking up" or "reshaping".t

• Members

It also:

• brought back Bianca and David.
  • forced Jesse to fess up about Natalia and Rebecca.
  • put Ryan/Greenlee back together (not that anyone cares)
  • resulted in Emma's kidnapping
  • pushed Adam and Erica together while making Adam confess
I'd call that a fair amount shaking up. What else did he need to do? Blow up New York City while Will Smith, Jeff Goldblum and Bill Pullman save the world from aliens?

• Members

You know from the build up of the hype I thought there would at least be few new sets. The sound of the tornado with the town it basically left it in ruins, yet there seems like no damamge happened. Watching the scnees from the Chandler mansion where a tornado seemed to have hit seems like nothing happened, Colby even said one hit her back yard, and you see David sitting in outside on a wicker bench. A little wind blow would take that across the patio possibly through the glass doors yet its still there. Makes you think.

• Members

The problem is that soaps haven't figured out how to use the internet. Blaming the web is just another form of oppression by nostalgia. It's like saying people don't communicate anymore since we no longer mail letters. It's not true.

I agree about spoilers. Look at how much of the discussion here and on other message boards is about spoilers. When you consider how much we react to what we read instead of what we see, it's like soaps have become a big book club. But spoilers and the internet aren't the same thing. And until soaps find a way to use to the internet to their advantage, they'll die.

• Members

It was something I think was implied/assumed, seeing as we were told PV wouldnt look the same after it and things like that. Although the whole let's make some really horrid set for Zach and Kendall to live in for this week's episodes just so we can destroy it so that you can see the CGI ocean behind it' thing kind of made me lose faith. You'd at least think considering 4(?) tornados hit the town that some buildings would get a little bit of a revamp...OLTL spends all their budget on big returns, you'd think AMC would use theirs on revamping the sets or something. As for what GH does with their budget...

Archived