AMC: Monday, October 20th, 2008

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Am I the only who thought Krystal's praying was a bit much? If I'm in the middle of a tornado with my grown child bleeding out in front of me and surrounded by (way too many) other children and the sound of an emergency siren is tearing through the air, my prayer would pretty much consist of "Lord, help us!" and "HOLD ON TO YOUR ASS!"

============================================

I didn't have a problem with her praying. I would be doing the same thing. She wants the children and everyone to be safe.

• Members

Good ep but I was a bit disappointed. I think I wanted to know how the tornado was affecting the rest of the town already--wouldn't have minded Adam or someone worrying about Stuart, Erica worried about Myrtle, etc. That said I loved the Erica/Adam scenes, I found the Babe scenes actually quite well done and moving, and yeah the Greenlee stuff was ridiculous but good effects. Ugh I hated that Binks went into labour at the end. Isn't there enough going on? C an't we have some Bianca stuff before she's giving birth (which seems to be half of what her character does nowadays).

• Members

I loved the Adam/Erica scenes but I agree with Eric that Adam should have been more concerned for Stuart and Erica for Myrtle and her kids if they really thought they might die.

Amanda Baker's performance was possibly her best ever but it didn't bring tears to my eyes in this episode like Friday's did.

I agree with AlwaysAMC that Zach & Bianca's concern for Kendall dissipated suddenly after the ambulance left. Imo, the discussion of how she got pregnant could have waited for another episode.

I was also rooting for the tornado to just get rid of Ryan, Aiden & Greenlee. I hate how Ryan got to play hero once again!

• Members

Well, with news of

i had to start watching amc...

I liked it. The CGI was awful, IMHO, i eman much worse than GH's actually, but whatever. This is a soap, i can get over it...

I hope Babe is dead. babe sucks, awlays has and will. She is NOTHING without Alexa bringing her to life. AB did nothing for me but i loved J. Young & BE. I am simi intersted in this storyline with jesse. and I really love this Randi chick.

Aiden/Green/Ryan are uber boring, but i love me some becca Budig so that helped. I really dont care about either guy tho. And Annie? I love her. but soemthing just didnt work for me with her in this episode.

Erica & Adam :wub:

I would be so happy is kendull would die. I am really intersted in this Zach & Bianca storyline. I think its perhaps the most intersting, shocking, and dramatic storyline on any soap right now. But it depends on how it plays out.

However, where is Amanda during all this? And everyone else in Pine Valley? Tho ir eally dont care about Gus & Harley on PV so maybe im better off just with what we got.

• Members

Wow you can really tell you're a relative newbie to following AMC everyday ;) Just some... different opinions there :P

I agree with some of it--like where's everyone else--I guess we'll find out this week but i thought they coulda made the characters we saw Friday and then today more varried.

Yous ay you love the Zach/Binks storyline--yet you want Kendall to die? I'm just curious cuz while i'm not too hot on it so far, without Kendall there and her shock factor there's no real storyline to play out between them...

I actually think the CGI backgrounds and seascapes are pretty good--yea they're not 100% real but I don't mind them adding that kinda stagey soapy quality--they're better than I expected or then we got at the Wedding disaster last Spring.

Yeah as much as I don't wanna tlak about the Greenlee/Aiden/Ryan stuff it would be at the last more interesting if Ryan hadnt' saved Aiden in the end but if they both now owed Aiden for their lives... oh well

"I agree with AlwaysAMC that Zach & Bianca's concern for Kendall dissipated suddenly after the ambulance left. Imo, the discussion of how she got pregnant could have waited for another episode."

Right--I think this (and her going into labour--which I hope is fals--at the end) was the writers throwing a bit too much into the episode--we don't need to find out RIGHT away the day she comes back--let audiences wonder and wait, and appreciat esome good dramatic "man this is a scary storm" conversations

• Members

I use to watch amc all the time. from like.. 99-06.

I do love the drama of the Binx/Zach story, and yes i want Kendull to die. but i have for a few years now because i DISPISE her. However, i can pout my kendull hate aside for a good story and i do think this is a good story. the fact that

sure does help.

They are ok. I have just seen better, even on daytime. And for the big deal they amde out of it i thought they would be better.

• Members

Really? :lol: I have a problem with the whole idea of that hypocritical, golddigging, paternity-test-changing, baby-stealing shrew having a direct line to God.

Friday, we had Krystal's line about her guardian angel working overtime to make sure they were all ok. Albeit, this was before she discovered Babe sitting atop Little A with a beam on her back. But it rankled because KWAK is so blithely ignorant of the fact that she doesn't deserve them dear lil' angels watchin' over her. Yet, somehow, she and Babelicious truly believe that they are awesomely good and unselfish people.

It was the same with this prayer. Of course, every mother would be devastated and praying for any kind of miracle in these circumstances. But with KWAK and Babe, it never feels real, just feels like exposition to "remind" us how fabulous they are. Look at me! Ah'm prayin'! Prayin' for mah baby doll! Because we Carey women stick tuh-ge-THUH! Through tick an' thin! Doin' whatever it takes. Flat-ironing the french toast if need be!

Archived