Barbara Bloom Interview in CBS Soap in Depth

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Adam. I've been watching GL for over 30 years. I love this show, but I stopped watching about a month ago. IMHO, I would much rather the show leave with a dignity - the old way - instead of this shell of GL we have today. It's shameful. It's absolutely criminal what EW/DK/Babs have done to it.

• Members

As Bloom said GL will never go back to the old format of filming because it would have been cancelled last year if EW had not put this idea in. Remember I said EW was told at end of Dec 2006/early 2007 CBS was most likely cancelling the show because they could not afford to produce the show anymore. There budget was so tiny anyways, for them to continue GL in the old format they would have to cut everyone practically. So EW came up with the new idea and while numbers are down, production costs are WAY WAY DOWN. So GL stays on air a few more years because they have saved a ton of money.

• Members

The question wasnt about if they get a lot of time a week. Itw as if the fact that they get so much time off effects what we see on the screen, and she said no it doesnt.

I thinkt he way B&B films is veyr smart for them. Why not shoot to where you can give your cast and crew a week off each month? I mean, i dont know anyone else with that sch either, but i also dont know anyone who works on B&B. However, there are plenty of alt sch's now. Some company have people work a week, then have a week off. Or wotk 4 days a week, have 3 off. Or work 10 days and have 4 off. So why not work 4 days a week, 3 weeks then ahve a week off? As long as the job gets done. Plus, its not like actors work a normal 8hour a day.

• Members

http://www.soaps.com/guidinglight/news/251...th_Guiding_Ligh

This is an interview with Ron Raines who even confirms that the show would have cancelled and off the air if Ellen Wheeler had not made changes to the production format. He said if the old format had remained the show was done, it was way too expensive to keep it going. Apparently this has saved them a fortune with the new format.

Archived