GL: Former AMC Actor to take over recast role

• Members

http://www.soapoperadigest.com/news/breaking/

GL Casting Scoop!

Soap Opera Digest has learned that Emmy-nominated actor Jeff Branson (ex-Jonathan, AMC) has been tapped to fill the the long-awaited recast role of GL's Shayne Lewis. Branson left Pine Valley earlier this year and will be heading to Springfield on December 1 as Josh and Reva's son, who had recently gone missing in Afghanistan. Branson is the seventh actor to play the part. Shayne was last seen on-screen back in 2004.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I realize that this is a little unfair, but I was so incredibly annoyed by his stuttering/stammering brain tumored Jonathan that I don't think I could stomach watching him for a while in ANY role. "Sick" Jonathan was right up there with Spinelli.

• Members

More power to him. A paycheck is a paycheck. Hell, it beats playing the latest victim #1 on Law & Order: SVU. Barely. And this gives him a few months to build his resume and do some auditioning.

The strike screwed this year's pilot season but make no mistake a lot of these folks are just biding their time and cashing their checks. Plus based on the comments of people who have worked for both CBS and ABC soaps, anything is better than ABC.

Archived