KNOTS LANDING

• Members

I agree.  KL experienced very real "growing pains" during its' first 2-3 seasons, as it tried to figure out what kind of show it wanted to be.  Much of what goes on during that period was ignored or forgotten once KNOTS became a full-fledged soap.  Nevertheless, I would continue watching, if only to help you become further acquainted with the show's core characters.  It can be a slog at times, but it will be worth it in the end.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Gary was a slut and it's possible he has kids out there he knows nothing about. Maybe they could have had Judy Trent come back with Gary's child in tow. He got her pregnant before she left Knots like he did Kate. 

• Members

That's true. I also wonder what Val did all those years after Gary left and Lucy was being raised by the Ewings. We saw Rusty and Cricket, but she had to have more boyfriends than that. I assume Lucy was born about 1961 with her graduating high school in spring 1979. Gary left shortly after she was born I'm guessing around 1962. So there is a period of 16 years between 1962-1978 that Val was single. I guess we are to assume she pined for Gary all those years. 

It was also written that J.R. did not marry Sue Ellen till about 1971. So, J.R. was getting up there in age when he decided to settle down with Miss Texas. I think they should have written he had a previous marriage and child like Sid Fairgate on Knots. 

• Members

Yes, the first 3 seasons had a lot of duds. A lot viewers also feel that Michelle Lee had better chemistry with Kevin Dobson than Don Murray. Murray gave the impression that doing Knots was slumming and sometimes it comes across in his acting. 

• Members

Think about it: you try and go about your day - mowing the lawn, playing with the kids, whatever - but fans and tourists keep stopping by, wanting to take selfies in front of "Abby Ewing's house."  If ever a community needed to be gated....

• Members

Thanks for the pics. I always liked Gary & Val's & Laura & Richards houses and interiors best during the series. Gary & Val's is like a California version of a colonial. Richard & Laura's looks like Faux Tudor. I never could figure out the style of Karen & Mac's house. I guess just a suburban two story. I never really liked Abby & the Ward's houses. Kenny & Ginger looked like they couldn't afford furniture and spent what little money they had on stereo equipment and bean bags......LOL