DAYS: Week of September 15

• Administrator

Everyone can skip Monday's episode. Nicole's just recapping the film noir stuff for Philip. It looks like this is a transition episode.

This episode was probably filmed around the time Ed Scott was fired.

So Tomlin's first episode should be this week.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Ari has chemistry with anyone!

But Dr. Dan is so boring. He needs some edge.

The show is back to being boring in the sense of there's no big picture. She show needs character to scheme and plot instead of wandering around doing nothing but talk and eat. I'm hoping Tomlin will help bring that to DAYS! Let's get some excitement back to the show.

• Members

Eh. I'm actually enjoying the show recently. The autism storyline has finally gained my attention. I actually care about Theo's disorder and how it's affecting the Carvers. But surprisingly, that's the only story that I'm enjoying right now. I don't like the Paris storyline involving Trent. I hate the Nicole/EJ/Sami/Lucas/Chloe polygon. Philip and Morgan bore me to tears. I'm over John and Marlena's storyline, although I love that Marlena has a spine again. Any DiMera family scenes are good, but there's no real story there. One day, they're discussing the DiMera empire, and the very next day it's forgotten about and they're talking about doing othter stuff, until another day when it's suddenly the main focus again. I don't know.

I will say that some stories seriously need a direction boost. The autism storyline seems to have found it's stride and I love it. It's my favorite right now.

• Members

It looks like we're back to Roman and Marlena coming down on Sami when she does something wrong. I don't mind this because that's what makes their family dynamic. Sami is the screw up of their family, and I never bought that St. Samantha garbage Hogan was trying to dish out. For years, Sami felt like her family turned their backs on her in favor of Carrie and Belle, and then all of a sudden, she was all about family? I'm sorry, but that's not how it works. I'm not asking for immature Sami, who does stupid things and never pays for it, the Sami we got under Reilly. However, I want a Sami that remembers the hurt she's felt all her life for being labled the Brady screw up. And I feel like we got that today. The way Sami rolled her eyes when Marlena told her to grow up and accept the joint custody arrangement. I wanted her to throw out a line like, "Well, if this were Carrie or Belle, I bet you would be saying something different."

And I'm glad we saw Roman tell Marlena that she may have been too hard on Sami. While Roman knows Sami is no angel, he does have a soft spot for his youngest daughter, and even when she does horrible things, leave it to Roman to be the first to forgive her and take her back. Marlena, on the other hand, she's always been tough on Sami because she wants Sami to grow up, but I feel that's in hiding her own insecurities for failing to raise Sami the right way.

It would be nice if we got to see Hope, Kayla and Marlena's girls night out. Throw Lexie into that mix as well. I would love to see these ladies hit the town.

I already commented on Daniel and Nicole earlier. C-H-E-M-I-S-T-R-Y. They really need to explore these two. And it would also pit Nicole and Kate against each other again. That would be fantastic. I want a Kate/Daniel/Nicole triangle in the future, please.

I am loving the autism storyline now. It has picked up the last few weeks. I can't even think of why it wasn't written this way in the beginning, but I hope it continues to be written this way, and it doesn't go back to the way it was before the whole writing scandal.

The Stefano and Anna scenes were nice. Has Anna always feared Stefano? She seems so scared of him. I don't get why they keep saying Stefano wants Kate to have his children. First of all, it's absurd that he wants her to have his children given her age. She is too old to be getting pregnant. Second of all, she can't get pregnant. Lucas was the last child Kate was able to carry to term. Curtis beat her so badly after learning of her affair with Bill Horton that she could no longer carry a child to term. That's why Philip, Rex and Cassie were all carried by surrogates.

If Stefano wants a damn child, why doesn't he find a younger woman to bore his child. They could have thrown Nicole his way since they were planning to reverse her pregnancy issues anyway. I really hate rewrites.

Not a bad show though.

• Administrator

I'm still not feeling it. It's not emotional enough for me and there's not many great scenes. The only great scenes I remember is when Marlena came to see Abe/Lexie and they told her about Theo. Like today when Theo kept throwing the spoon - I felt nothing.

I think today was EJ's first scene with Theo since we found out about the autism. Has Tony had a scene with Theo? Stefano hasn't. I wonder want to see Stefano react to this news.

Night Shift is doing a better job. There was a scene with the parents of children with autism sharing their experience and situation, and Jagger is just silent listening. It was a really good scene.

Ohh.....Stefano getting Nicole pregant would've been good! Imagine how EJ would've reacted. LOL Or.......they could've gone a bit crazy and have a Who's the Daddy with EJ ending up as the father, but Stefano switches the paternity results to punish EJ for betraying him again (EJ does something again to tick Stefano off). :)

• Members

Exactly! Could you imagine the potential fall out from Nicole being pregnant with Stefano's child, EJ's brother or sister? Nicole is not one to turn down money and power, which Stefano has ample amounts of, but she would be torn between her want of the Stefano's money, and her feelings for EJ. Plus it would have been awesome to see Stefano and EJ duke it out over Nicole.

• Administrator

Yup, exactly.

1. This gets EJ away from Sami

2. We get awesome scenes between EJ and Stefano again. Plus James and Joe work so well with each other.

3. This is a long term story (over a year) which the show sorely needs

• Administrator

The Dimeras rock!! This family gathering is awesome. :)

"This is the final insult, the final treachery. I am through with the both of you. As of this moment I am putting you on notice. I’m putting you all on notic.e Vengeance will be mine."

Get them, Stefano!! :)

• Members

But..But..He's already said that about 50 times since he woke up! How about giving us an idea about what his vengeance is? Did he really do something to Baby Joe? Why is he all the sudden interested in a new heir? What about Johnny and Theo? How about a scene where he learns about Theo's Autism? Showing us that he either A) Now has no use for Theo... or B) Surprises everybody by seriously connecting with Theo in a way no one else can? What a conflict for Lexie and Abe that would be!

The Autism story yesterday could have been a great example about the regression these kids sometimes go through. We have all seen Theo talking and interacting with Abe and Celeste while Lexie was in the tunnel. Remember how he was with Tek when Lexie and Tek were having a affair and Abe was suspicious? When Theo wouldn't talk with his little friend yesterday and then had the tantrum with the baby noises, Lexie could have mentioned to EJ how this regression was so difficult and frustrating. We could have actually connected to that...Instead she gets aggravated that he is quietly spinning the wheels of his truck and then pushing his spoon off the table for attention? Pretty much every bored 5 year old I know does stuff like that. Especially when she never even tried to provide another distraction for him while the adults talked. It just bugs me because this story should be so much better!

Archived