Y&R new timeslot in Vancouver/Western Canada

• Members

Ugh Y&R keeps moving earlier--I remember when it was on 5pm on Global--which seemed perfect to me. Then for a long while it was on 3pm, which meant I still could usually catch the last half or so. But as of this week at 3pm is the lame "talk show" The Doctors, and Y&R is now at 2pm... I really think this may backfire--many Canadians are used to watching it later in the afternoon--I'm reminded when another local station which has shown DAYS for at least ten years at 4pm moved it to 2pm last year in favour of Tyra--that lasted about a month due to all the complaints.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oooh! This is the Soapnet approach...in the Soapnet timeslot (which I think is working).

Global is also going to STREAM this. So I think Y&R has a good chance of holding on. I can't see this time slot changing in Ontario (4:30 PM is a great time), but what do I know?

• Members

l the Doctors (hosted by a doctor who I guess was a Bachelor star, and has about the screen chemistra of a gerbil) doesn't look like it'll be a hit to me so maybe Global will quietly switch them back. Y&R has never been my big soap (not cuz of quality so don't ge ton me--I've just never been as attached to it) so I only watch it live when I'm home and this certainly will make me catch it much less (I don't get Showcase Diva either tho' that's a nice coup for them)

Archived