B&B: Week of September 8, 2008

• Members

I like Mulcahey (at GL and GH, where I watched his work). But this is an overstatement. GH already had an established and strong dialogue team pre-Mulchaey.

Michele Val Jean, Karen Harris, and Elizabeth Korte were on staff for years prior to Mulcahey joining and they always delivered.

Mulcahey wrote one of my favourite GL episodes as well, Maureen's funeral, and I still can't grasp how bad of a mix he's been at B&B.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just caught up with this week's episodes, and for the first time in months, I really enjoyed it.

First there was Nick's confession to Bridget - Ashley Jones rocked those scenes.

I'm so happy to see Stephanie back front and center. I loved how she took control and did everything she could for Eric.

It was nice seeing more of Taylor too. Even though I hate the Taylor/Rick pairing, it still was nice seeing them on with an actual story.

The best scene of the year...

Eric rolls in and witnesses Donna making out with Owen *cue classic dramatic B&B music*

LOVES IT!!

and best of all about this week (and last week IIRC) , NO MARCUS. :P

• Members

I found the foot-washing incongruous and way out of context on B&B. Eric's coma is a plot-point to facilitate Donna and Owen's make-out sessions and Stephanie's attempt to (once again) control Eric. I mean, did anybody really think Eric would not pull through?! :lol: This is B&B, after all. And both the foot-washing and the coma will likely be forgotten in a few weeks' time, never to be mentioned again.

Whoever came up with the foot-washing idea, I think they chose it for the visual impact without really following through on what it truly means. I'm not a churchgoer so much nowadays but I did go to catechism when I was little and the story of the foot-washing was about Jesus's humility and rendering homage unto others. In the context of glitzy, campy, whiplash B&B, it felt random and trite. Although I'm sure that wasn't the the intention of whoever came up with the idea. And, bear in mind, that could be Bradley Bell, Kay Alden, Patrick Mulcahey or even somebody else on the writing team.

Exactly -- it was back to Business as Usual. Which is why the previous day's eppy was so... unusual!

Archived