B&B: Week of September 8, 2008

• Members

You perfectly captured what I think would happen if Owen turns out to be Ridge's son. It makes a lot of sense then why they wouldn't play out obvious angle with Owen with Felicia (despite their smoldering chemistry) cause it would be incest. Owen and Marcus coming to town around the same time kind of matches up nicely - a new Logan, a new Forrester. Plus it would make total sense now why they didn't cast him as Thomas like I always say they should have.

He has to be Ridge Jr!! Oh and I like your idea for Patty/Tawny!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LOL.

You know, I enjoyed the Wednesday 10/10 episode. Not so much because of the new Brooke-Taylor thing they started today...but because of Bridget.

Now, I have not enjoyed Bridget since forever. The doormat thing really didn't work for me.

But this strong-spined Bridget...such a counterpoint to every other woman on the show except Stephanie...PERFECT. I hope they keep this strong Bridget forever. I could really get into her.

And I continue to miss the real Taylor...strong, stable, sensible, wise...

• Members

I'm glad we're at least seeing Taylor. I just wish we'd see her without Rick. There's really nothing for her to do at the moment, unless there's another custody battle.

I don't really know where Bridget goes from here. She's been with about every guy on the canvas except for Owen. And I don't really see that happening anytime soon. I hope they start to explore a real risk of complications with Katie's pregnancy. They can't let that off the hook that easily.

Something has to come up because the only story we're about to have is the Eric/Donna sl.

• Members

It was, surprise surprise, Patrick Mulcahey.

A coma is like a TRAIN??? Sometimes, patients just get off, look around the station, and then continue on their journey??? Did he write that??

Foot washing??? FOOT washing????

A shaft of light signifies the finger of god, and power of prayer...and Eric just miraculously wakes up????

My goodness.....

• Members

Well....it does make ATWT look like Shakespeare. 'Cause no matter how lame our psychovillians are...they don't tie up a woman, slather her in honey, and then drive a bear away by banging two sticks together (something I learned wouldn't work in the original version of The Parent Trap.)

• Members

The coma train words DO need to be transcribed. I will do this over the weekend, unless someone else has them.

The irony is that I so enjoyed the actor. He used to play Sophia's consort, Marcello, on Santa Barbara. I ached for him...that he had to say the coma-train lines.

The subsequent foot washing was even more beyond the pale.

• Members

You mean this:

DR. SEIFERT: A coma has its own direction. We do not know where it is taking him, and neither does he. Sometimes it will come to a station and stop, and the traveler will step out on the platform, look around, say hello and travel on.

• Members

And that's a shock for me. On Santa Barbara and GH, Mulcahey was a witty, exciting and subtle writer, with a great ear for dialogue, both humoristic and dramatic. He was also a great storyteller. He was the one who essentially write the Mason & Julia love story on SB and constructed the character of Carly on GH when Guza did not know quite what to do with her.

He also wrote a seminal GH episode -- Clink-Boom, back in 1997. Yes, it is dramatic, but what it is not is florid... sappy... overwrought... overwritten.

So, what the hell kind of sub-romance pulp is he writing on B&B?! And why?!

I DO love the fact that Bridget is getting her anger back -- hopefully getting her balls back. I haven't been able to tear my eyes away from Ashley Jones.

Everything else, though? A big load of nothing. We've had two weeks of Donna & Owen about to shtupp... and then nothing. How many times has Eric blinked awke from his coma... and then seemingly has not woken up at all? How many times has Stephanie kissed Eric, vowing to take care of him? "At last, we're a family. Just like we were always meant to be." You'd think that, at 19 minutes long, they want to cram more stuff into the show.

• Members

I'm actually just waiting for someone to come and say how B&B is not really his kind of soap opera. Puhleez! :lol: If he were the soap God those people portray him to be, he would have found a way to infuse some normal dialogue into all this. Yeah, more often than not he really is given crappy material, but GH is cr*p every day, yet the dialogue is splendid.

Archived