Ed scott Speaks To Michael Logan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was classy. I've no doubt he's lying, but it was very classy.

Ken Corday now seems poised to do what he's been trying to do for years: Ride DOOL into the grave with his micromanaging and instant 180s. Right to the end, there will be another Stephanie Sloane cover story with him about "The Plan To Save DAYS!"

• Members

Indeed! I can't imagine that anything was blown out of proportion. I used to think, was convinced even, that Corday really just wasn't interested enough in soaps to care enough to take care of DAYS. But, I don't think that anymore. I think he cares very very much about what happens to the show because it is his parents' legacy & he has a responsibility to shepherd it. But, that obviously doesn't mean that he knows what to do to fix things. So, he wanders from pillar to post, trying different thing, not being able to evaluate them, being pushed & pulled by Sony, with workplace & network forces hammering at him, and the only real talent he has for soaps is, one of my favorite things, soap music. But, an ability & interest in soap music cannot steer the whole ship.

• Members

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 23 2008, 04:50 PM)
Indeed! I can't imagine that anything was blown out of proportion. I used to think, was convinced even, that Corday really just wasn't interested enough in soaps to care enough to take care of DAYS. But, I don't think anymore. I think he cares very very much about what happens to the show because it is his parents' legacy & he has a responsibility to shepherd it. But, that obviously doesn't mean that he knows what to do to fix things. So, he wanders from pillar to post, trying different thing, not being able to evaluate them, being pushed & pulled by Sony, with workplace & network forces hammering at him, and the only real talent he has for soaps is, one of my favorite things, soap music. But, an ability & interest in soap music cannot steer the whole ship.

Co-sign both posts. Totally.

• Members

It may be true that he's not there even half as much as he used to be. Dunno. But, I do know that he makes it an absolute point to be available to the press, both for things that are planned out ahead of time and for things that break, so he is reachable. He also is said to do an excellent job, possibly the best, at getting his people to be available to the press.

(I should edit the above to read and for things that are breaking news, but the way I originally put it, while unclear, is funny! :lol: )

• Members

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 23 2008, 04:31 PM)
It may be true that he's not there even half as much as he used to be. Dunno. But, I do know that he makes it an absolute point to be available to the press, both for things that are planned out ahead of time and for things that break, so he is reachable. He also is said to do an excellent job, possibly the best, at getting his people to be available to the press.

(I should edit the above to read and for things that are breaking news, but the way I originally put it, while unclear, is funny! :lol: )

The funny thing is, I understood exactly what you meant the first time around. Of course, it's funnier now that I re-read it.

• Administrator

Oh, Ed, you don't have to suck up to the woman who got you fired! You sound so fake. LOL And what are these scenes you are talking about? I honestly can't think of any brilliant written scenes since Dena came back as HW. :unsure:

Archived