Y&R: SOD Fall Previews

• Members

Thanks to Y&ROn&Off at SOC.

Maria Arena Bell says you can expect romance this fall, building to a remote in Paris and also a lot of psychological intrigue.

Victor and the Newmans: "In the aftermath of Sabrina's death, Victor is a man who's cut off and alone. Back home he's presumed dead." It's different than the other times he was presumed dead, this time there is very concrete evidence that he's dead. The family will be coping with that. Also what's different is Adam being there, & the will that was changed weeks prior to Sabrina's death.

Jack/Sharon/Nick/Phyllis: There's a lot more turmoil with the RS gang. Jack hopes that more explosive articles will give the magazine a boost, Nick and Phyllis are against that. Continued conflict for the 4.

Cane/Lily/Chloe: Bombshells and surprises in store for them. Secrets and lies are revealed; it's not what everyone expects it will be.

Daniel/Amber/Colleen: Daniel will emerge as an artist and will continue to be in a love triangle with his heart (which is with Amber) and Colleen who is is beginning to develop feelings for.

The Winters Family: After secrets are revealed by Tyra & Ana, their relationship with Devon is deepened. The family makes a sacrifice for Ana. The story will be about family.

Gloria/Jeffrey: When two black hearts fall in love, they love each other but do they trust each other? There will be a lot more of them scheming together and separately.

Michael/River: This will be an important story this fall. It will be Michael learning about himself by discovering who his father is; Michael will have surprises about who River is at heart; discovering part of his father in him.

Jill/Kay/Brad: There will be upset at Jabot. In the wake of Chow's death, a lot will be uncovered about who knew what and when they had knowledge of it. Who will emerge as the leader. The person who calms the waters at Jabot is not necessarily who one would expect.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My reactions:

a. I cannot stand another Victor-presumed-dead episode, even if it is consistent with several of his past stories. When will this family learn?

b. I'm very over Restless Style. The sole time Jack was interesting was when he was trying to get Jabot lately. And Nick is continually emasculated by his suppression by Jack and Victor. Nick has really suffered in the post-LML era. She was the only one who wrote him as a man of strength and sincerity. He admitted his cheating, left his marriage after a good try, was a good son to his dad during the epilepsy...etc. All this has been lost now, in the Restless Style era.

c. Cane/Lily...ugh...this show doesn't understand what is not working.

d. Daniel/Lily...ugh...this show insists on another hopeless thing. All the energy is Daniel-Amber. If he needs to dally, it needs to be an INTERESTING character and actress.

e. Jury is out on River, for me

f. Does this mean Ana is NOT going to New England?

g. Gloria and Jeffrey's counter-plotting is tedious.

h. I continue to assume that it will be Billy who ends up on top at Jabot. With Jack's support. With Jack pulling the puppet strings.

So I assume Eric Braeden will take a vacation, and the Paris remote will be a reuniting of the family? Of course, it will be an unhappy reunion, because Nick/Victoria will have to PAY for how rotten they have been to Adam.

• Members

Some spoilers say that Victor will come back and blast Adam for how he behaved while he was gone, and that Nick and Victoria will be happy. IF this happens, I'll be very unhappy.

And yes, the triangle between Daniel/Amber/Colleen is just so bad. Never mind the actors/actresses, Daniel and Colleen just don't fit. And it isn't that interesting.

• Members

Even Traci and Danny weren't interesting. Danny was a "mercy" husband for Traci...she adored him as a fan...when she got pregnant with Dr. Tim, he married her to give the child a name (even though he really loved Patty at the time). There was never real passion in that marriage...so they just parted friends (and occasional duet partners).

The inter-generational boredom continues.

Now, if Danny hooked up with an edgy chic...THAT Amber would get nervous about.

I want this to cause Amber to turn her sights to Nick Newman. Because that...well...could blow my TV off the stand! In a good way! (Evil Phyllis, here we come).

• Members

Sounds all rather blah.

And if the Paris remote ends up as another ploy to boost up Braeden's ego (like it was prupose of the Sabrina story until they killed her off) I'm gonna scream.

Colleen in a story. More Cane/Lily. Etc. pp. Except for the Jabot stuff it really sound very low-key.

• Members

Got this from Toni site

Here is another spoiler for next week re Lily/Cane/Chloe. According to SOW Cane and Chloe get married next week at city hall but we don't see the ceremony. Just as the ceremony is about to start Cane has a flashback to telling Lily he loves her. Then the scene ends. But later we learn they did go through with the wedding. The actor who portrays Cane said he was glad the actual wedding happened off screen because given the circumstances of the marriage it was better not to show Cane and Chloe reciting their vows and it would be easier for Lily/Cane fans to deal with who he said are up in arms about this turn of events.

I just don't believe they was that big of a deal. I'm talking about Lame.

Archived