Life in General

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I signed up for the mailing list on Sunday night & got admitted into the beta test today. I think Strike.tv is a great idea, an incredible project, well suited to people who are interested in watching 'tv' on the Internet but with the best quality I have seen anywhere, bar none. The shows have short episodes but with beginning-middle-end & are full of story, nothing wasted, and characters, for the most part. LIG certainly is! I have been dying to see the first episode, now have seen it & can't wait for the first episode of GGen! And, then, the second episode of LIG, and so on. Karen Harris rocks & this idea of hers is perfectly suited to this format.

Oh, and the access code you are given is only good for one use, since afterward you just log in, etc.

• Members

You instantly knew Desiderio & Brynn Thayer, right? I am so frakin happy that I get to see Brynn Thayer in something again! They play the leads in GGen.

Besides Courtney, who is apparently the lead ingenue, being late/MIA today, she has also been other times in the past 3 weeks, which we learn from Scott Clifton, who works on the production side of things, with a clipboard & a stopwatch, too, I believe. We find out from Winnie and from Rod that she is a big party girl & from this other cast member, Lindze, that she (Courtney) is bulimic.

Julian was hired by Raymond because he wrote a thesis on soaps, great title, and it featured Raymond prominently & in a complimentary manner. Raymond has no right to hire or to rewrite.

• Administrator

QUOTE (Donna B @ Aug 20 2008, 10:47 PM)
You instantly knew Desiderio & Brynn Thayer, right? I

No I didn't. LOL By looking at their IMDB's, I guess they were big in the 80's? I was watching cartoons in the 80's. :)

Desiderio only looked familiar to me because I thought he was Uncle Jesse's dad on Full House but I don't see that on his IMDB.

• Members

Oh? Sorry. I mean you missed so much good soap!! ;) But, no, you're thinking of John Aprea who played Alexander Nicos aka Luke/Lucas on Another World.

Besides being an actor & other in production, I think, Robert Desiderio is Judith Light's husband. And, Brynn Thayer was on OLTL in a similar timeframe. I think her character's name was Jenny & she disappeared, ultimately, on a mountain in a blizzard. She was also one of Michael Zaslow's best friends in real life. After MADD's appalling treatment of Zas she may have had something to do with getting JFP to consider bringing him on OLTL. Some of us were hoping that Jenny would suddenly reappear. Yes, she played Jenny Wolek Siegel Vernon Renaldi. And, despite the fact that she continued to have a life of her own while being a working actress she went out of her way to meet Zas at airports, arranged for him to see the doctors who finally gave him a firm diagnosis, sometimes accompanied him when Susan needed to do something else, etc. And, of course, she went on to have a rather large primetime career.

• Members

QUOTE (Chris B @ Aug 12 2008, 06:07 PM)
This looks like a great show, but not a soap. More like a sitcom based around a soap. I could see it being a good cable show if expanded. I can't wait to see what Karen Harris plots on her own.

Interestingly enough, Strike.tv has LIG listed as a soap and GGen listed as a comedy. Hmmm ...

• Members
By far the best of the web soaps I have seen. In fact, in a non-strike environment, this should have been snapped up by a network ASAP. I can see why it's on Strike TV, though, and admire Karen Harris for choosing to show her writing in that capacity. But then, Harris is always a writer I have admired. HW material, IMO.

• Members

See I'm the exact opposite. I love them. I like the fact that there's no filler, no network censors and no network management getting between the writer and their vision so I can judge it on its own merits. I think of this kind of online content as a cousin of independent film.

Archived