Life in General

• Members

http://beta.strike.tv/show/life-in-general

http://welovesoaps.blogspot.com/2008/08/ka...pital-fame.html

This looks pretty good! I'm excited to see how this will do, following the success of Imaginary Bitches. More and more I'm starting to see that soaps have a strong future online; like how GH:NS has its own online spinoff with Claire and Kyle, maybe we'll be seeing more of these in future. If it means soaps are opened up to a wider audience, then maybe they'll start watching the real thing. It can only be a good thing for the genre.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

Damn, I hate We Love Soaps! LOL. They are so much quicker than me.

This project looks great and even better because it is a Behind-the-Scenes look at a soap. We've all said that stuff is a lot more juicier than the actual soaps themselves :);)

• Members

Upon reviewing the trailer, I can't help but feel this might be very similar to the Echo Beach/Moving Wallpaper series that aired in the UK last year. However, while that was disastrous, I get the impression this is going to be a lot better. Who knows? If it runs for a while, maybe some soap stars will pop up in it.

Is Karen Harris out at GH, then? Or is this like a sideline project? Because if she's basing storylines on her experiences at GH, surely if she gets too close to the bone there will be some sort of conflict of interests, or something?

• Administrator

After reading that blog, I'm even more excited! She's such a talented writer who deserves better than writing Bob Guza scripts - it should be the other way around, Guza should be writing scripts for Karen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Don't read on if you haven't seen it yet.....I'll be talking about it below.

I just saw the first episode and I already love it! The scenes are really quick and there's already instant drama - Winni being rewritten by Raymond (I couldn't help think of the DAYS/Y&R situations! LMAO!), Courtney's missing while her father wants her to be front burner, Rachel/Brian's bickering, Rod dumping Courtney and he's sleeping with a cast member, Raymond hiring a new young Consultant.

It's also so funny!

"Diva, my ass. These aren't even her own tits."

"I've been backburnered since you got me out of the wheelchair. I have nothing to submit to the Emmys."

"You heard him, I am a legend in my own mind."

LOL!!!

And the episode ended with a cliffhanger - soap opera style!

The cast is fantastic! I instantly knew John Ingle, Lindze Letherman, Scott Clifton, Arianne Zuker. It took me a while to recognize the actor playing Julian (Jordon Bridges who played Oliver on Dawson's Creek).

I can't wait for the next episode. :)

Archived