Life in General

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She probably has more freedom with this soap than with a soap she might have had on a network - however, the person who has the money (the sponsor, the producer), that person is fully in charge. No money, no show. And that is why the writers will always get scr*wed.

• Members

I'm so late to the party, but I finally got to watch it, and I think I'M IN LOVE. If this aired every day on ABC after GH, I would be GLUED to my set. Fantastic job, Karen and Company. Lindze and Ari were hysterical, and got to show off some chops their respective shows have never allowed them to. I never checked to see how much time was left, nor did I ever get annoyed I was watching something on a computer screen. And I can't remember the last time I watched something on YouTube where I didn't check to see how much was left. This, I totally got swept up in.

I am eagerly awaiting the next episode in a way I don't think I've anticipated anything on network soaps all year.

• Members

About what? You mean about you griping over watching things on your computer and not on TV? I answered it already, silly... I said that I didn't get why you didn't just buy the cable to connect your computer with your TV screen/sound system to eliminate that problem. I hate watching things on my monitor (and hate my computer sound even more), but once I invested in that cable, now I love watching online content because the video's going through my television now, and the audio's going through the receiver to my surround sound. It's not in 5.1, but that's no biggie. And the quality's pretty sharp.

Well, it's no worse than watching something on a VCR, and heaven knows I've still got tons of soaps on old-fashioned VHS. I gotta get those transferred some day.

• Members

It all depends on the kind of input/outputs you have on your laptop vs. your television set. If you google "connecting my laptop to my television", you should get a whole slew of Q&A pages that explain it. I ended up going with a 20 dollar cable, just because I didn't really care about quality - it was more for my sanity than anything else. If the image was a little pixelated, I wasn't going to freak out. (And truthfully, it looks no worse than anything on a VCR looks - it's not DVD quality, but it's fine) But you can go all out and get a converter box for 200 bucks or so if you really want it to look sharp. I just use the S-video cable though, because I knew my laptop and my TV both had S-video plugs, and I didn't feel like digging any deeper. One of these days, I'll have to look into getting the converter box, but right now, it doesn't really seem that important.

Archived