Unpopular actors/characters you want back just because.

• Members

I was looking through old soap magazines the other day; some going back 12 years and came across Vince Poletto who played Tanner on AMC in 1996 and 1997. I think he was involved in Haley's storyline. He wasn't very popular with fans and was soon written out.

For some strange reason he has sentimental value with me. Plus, I think he's beautiful.

AMC days:

vince01.jpg

More recent:

Vinnie-web2.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Right around Kit Fisher was right around the time I tuned out for some reason (I think I was finishing school. Late bloomer.) Not watching as regularly. But I do remember Tanner. He was around at the time of the Poison Tattoo. He also came into the middle of Hayley and Mateo right at the height of their popularity, thus the reason for the fan hate. Come to think of it, maybe tuning out for Kit Fisher was a good thing because it made me miss most of McT's return and Jean "Poison"ante.

I jumped back in when Leo and Greenlee got hot and rumors were swirling that Bianca was going to come out (which she did; and thank God they waited until they got a good Bianca to do it. I hated all previous incarnations of Bianca)

• Members

Yes, yes, yes!! I swear, she was so amazing to me (so is Laura Wright though). I would look forward to General Hospital every single day when she was on JUST so I could see her portrayal of Carly. I miss her so much. But at the same time, I'm glad we have Laura as Carly now because I feel the same way about her.

Another that I have is someone that almost every Days/soap fan hates and I often hear about what a horrid actress she is, but still I love her and her portrayal of Jan Spears...Heather Olson.

• Members

I loved Corey Page who played Richard Wilkins on The City. The sleazy Aussie tabloid TV host who was son of Sydney Chase (Morgan Fairchild). I found him to be soooooo good! I don't know if he was popular or not, since this was before I was on the internet to get fan reaction, but I could see him either being really loved by or really annoying to the viewers. All I know is that he hasn't done daytime since, which is a shame.

I loved Joni Allen (ex-Zoey) from The City as well.

Maggie Rush-Miller as Lorraine from the City was a good antithesis to Debbi Morgan's Angie. Angie was strong and self-assured, Lorraine was weak and impressionable and vulnerable. I wouldn't mind Lorraine turning up on AMC to give Angie some headaches again!

• Members

ITA! And Jan was one of the best things during Reily's last run. The bitch was crazy as hell, and HO played her so over the top but it worked IMO. I loved it when she dressed as an old lady so she could trap Shawn in the cage. I was LMAO the whole time! And then when she would taunt Mimi about her abortion and always refer to Rex as "Sexy Rexy". I'm still pissed they put her in a coma, but I'm glad Mimi was the one to do it.

• Members

And example of Lorraine Broderick having a story that DIDN'T work lol. Just the whole Mateo trusting the word of his creepy best friend from the past over his wife? Tanner staging a plane wreck so him and Hayley were stuck together? him forcing her to drink and then telling her they had sex when she blacked out? but I did for some reason like him more than I remember everyone hated him at the time.

it's funny that was right when ABCDaytime seemed obssessed with Aussies--Ingo was fairly new to GH I think, and Vince was from the Aussie teen soap Heartbreak High as was Corey Page, who joined The City a year before as Richard.

• Members

HAHAH I just mentioned him. He went back to Aussie I think--He was on Home and Away there VERY recently--might still be. I think he was popular enough--he was on City for its full run and started on the last month o f Loving--I liked him too.

So few people watched THe City and posted online and everyone seemed to love the final months of the City that I can't remember anyone not being liked. I think lotsa people didn't think much of the hangdog acting of the guy who played... Tony Soleito (a certain George Palermo apparantly) partly as he was on nearly every day but...

And I loved Joni Allen who seems to have retired from acting or something--charming and a natural. I'm surprised a number of those City cast people just disappeared (I've been going thru my tapes of the last 3 months recently so a lot of this came back to me).

Lorraine was on Loving too and had an interesting storyline--and a good pairing with Nick--the only sympathetic role I've ever seen played, and played well, by Roscoe Born.

And what ever happened to Amy Van Horne? I woulda thought she'd end up back on daytime for sure

Tanner was before Kit and Poison tatoo--like others said it was '97, a mistep for Broderick. I have a tape from March that year saved cuz it marked the return of Tom Cudahy who had disappeared with Livia sometime before (he came to talk to JHayley about her sobriety, etc, after Tanner got her drunk). I miss Tom--did he even make an appearance since Livia has been kinda back? I can't remember :P

• Members

I swear Joni Allen was my favorite. She really did have it all. I could actually see her as a recast Hayley on AMC if they ever decided to go there.

Nick Rivers was SUCH a different role from all the others he played, and it was a great outlet for Born to do some of his music on daytime too. It was a privelege to see that side of Roscoe Born, when so many other soaps want to use him as that destined-for-a-murder-mystery bad guy he's always cast as.

I only liked George Palermo because they never tried to make him anything more than he was... a buffed out dumb italian guy from Brooklyn. He fit the role. But I couldn't see him popping up as anything else on a soap.

There was talk of Amy Van Horne, and Lisa Lo Cicero, when they were recasting Lois, which ultimately went to Lesli Kay. I didn't really think either Van Horne or Lo Cicero could be Lois, and I loved Lesli Kay in the part. But I wanted Van Horne to come to GH as her City character Carla Soleito! Mob connected, and Tracy's mortal enemy! She played well off TW (Ted) King when he was Danny Roberts too. So Carla could have gotten involved with Lorenzo before he got the boot. And Van Horne played well off Laura Wright, ex-Ally, now-Carly. It's such a shame because it's a REAL missed opportunity. Maybe because Carla and Carly are too close in name?

Tom Cudahy did appear when Livia returned. He recurred for a while, and I remember him showing up at Frye family gatherings like 4th of July picnics, etc. I don't think he had scenes with the short-lived grown Jamal Cudahy, though. But I remember him in scenes with Derek, Mimi, Danielle, Garret Williams, etc. I blame him, though, for Livia's return never really amounting to much. I thought they should have done a breast cancer storyline for Livia that eroded her marriage to Tom so Livia could be free to hook up with Jackson or Tad or another available Pine Valley man (maybe even Adam!) Imagine?

Archived