Jackie Zeman Makes TMZ

• Members

Here's the link:

http://www.tmz.com/2008/07/13/jacklyn-zema...docs/1#comments

Now, if she was my patient...well for starters she'd never look like this...but if Jackie Zeman came to me and asked for some advice here's what it would be...

STOP!

Simple, she needs to stop, not get anything injected for a year, let things settle, diminish and fade away. That's the benefit with injections, they DO reverse themselves in as little as 3-6 months.

Then, I'd tell her that in a year it would be time to reevaluate everything see what actually would benefit her. My suspicion, that's all it is, is that Jackie has a doctor who says "let's try this" and being the nice, positive woman that she is Jackie says "sure!" without really considering things and let's her doctor experiment.

To me, it's reprehensible. Jackie Zeman is a beautiful woman who doesn't need much. A little Botox between the brows and in the forehead, maybe a little Restylane if she develops nose to mouth or marionette lines, a light chemical peel once ever 2 or 3 years and maybe one Thermage treatment to smooth out her skin. Aside from that it's just sunscreen, Retin A and Cellex C, that's it, she needs to simplify and she needs to leave her lips the hell alone.

The only solace I take from this is that she hasn't had a facelift yet like poor Leslie Charleson who is sporting what I can only describe as a deep plane facelift that erased the character right off her face.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh wow. I don't recall her looking like that the last time I saw her which was probably a year or so ago. Where she was at, it wasn't perfect, but she still looked fairly normal, just puffed up. Now she looks like a new person. I think this is more an LA thing than anything. If you notice, you don't have as many NY based actors doing this. Hollywood has a warped idea of beauty. A good example would be watching The Real Housewives Orange County vs NYC. The trashy, plastic 16 year old bimbo look is simply very "in" in LA.

• Members

^ I think it's the mentality of the medical profession in Southern California. It's all about looking YOUNG whereas in New York it's usually about looking GOOD. That's the difference. If a patient wants to look YOUNG I tell them it's NEVER going to happen because if you're 50 you're 50 and that's life. Now, if a patient says they want to look GOOD, different story entirely, there is a lot that can be done, with dignity and tact, to make a person look GOOD.

It appears that within the ageist climate of ABC Daytime, Jackie Zeman is on the warpath to look YOUNG, I hope she realizes that in this quest she isn't looking GOOD.

• Members

I know nothing about this, so I'm really thankful for the details you have provided.

No facelift?

Then what IS happening to her cheeks? I assumed that it was cheekbone implants. No?

Joan Rivers has done the same thing to her cheeks...that is what seems to distort the face above all else. What does that?

• Members

I feel that, if she were to stop for a year, she absolutely could look normal and very much like herself again. The problem with what Jackie's doing is that it seems she's aware she's not looking great so instead of relaxing everything she's doing injection after injection all in an attempt to look better. It's like being overdressed, she's simply doing too much, too soon and all at the same time.

The cheeks are a good question and I am inclined to agree that they are implants although the same look could have been achieved with Restylane. The cheeks are new, as in a month or two old, so they might actually end up looking great, it's way to early to wonder about that because they've hardly had time to heal.

• Members

This is going to sound insensitive, but it is precisely THIS that makes me not care that Bobbie hasn't been on the front burner for years. When Tony died, Brad Maule gave a wonderfully poignant performance and Jackie Zeman completely brought the moment down because of her current inability to emote because of all the botox. Enough!

Archived