The Doctors

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Previous to this he was on Search For Tomorrow as Arthur Benson, who was some sort of investor/producer in a movie based around Steve Kaslo's song 'You Can Love Again'.

Yes, I think Sally Frame on AW was involved in some sort of hippie cult and then Nikki and Paul got involved with New World Commune. Can anyone think of other examples around that time?

• Members

A few years prior, Laura Webber was living in a commune (I think that was the story that introduced Genie?). And if memory serves, around this time or shortly after, Karen Wolek briefly had Marco stay at a commune when he was wigging out over the stress of his double life.

Back to David Canary for a moment ... that's some caftan.

• Members

With hair to match. He and James Storm are putting the ladies to shame with their manes.

The commune scenes had more extras than are ever seen at the hospital or the Medicine Man.

Maybe it would have come off less cheesy if the cult members had biblical or 'ancient' names rather than Moonchild/ Far Wind etc.

And dressed in simple clothing rather than flowing robes...

Edited by Paul Raven

• Members

Correct.  EON's HW, Henry Slesar, had to alter the course of his "Children of the Earth" story, which introduced Eliot Dorn, turning him from a Jim Jones-like cult leader to a more gigolo-type character, because of the Jonestown tragedy happened right around the same time.

I think so, too.  IIRC, GF said they had plans to age Laura and have her do more than ask Lesley to plant some flowers on the patio.

• Members

THE DOCTORS seemed to suffer from the same combination of bad stories and even worse production values that all struggling soaps suffer from in their final days.  But, thank God they had a strong cast.  The actors might've been TD's only saving grace in its' later years.

• Members

So today we had a location shot with Sara in a park. Was that the first time TD ventured outdoors?

There was no dialogue so pretty basic and cheap to tape I assume.

Later there will be another extended location shoot as the climax to a big story...I wonder if there will be visuals only?

• Members

I can't believe they had Carolee ask Steve who could have sent them that crow's foot.  Umm, how about the crazy cult you've been dealing with the last few days, lol.  This story seems extra-strange when it's being told alongside the whole death-with-dignity thing they've been doing with Sarah's death.

Edited by jam6242