AMC: Mad Men

Cat

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzEBus8npXo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzEBus8npXo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzEBus8npXo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

LOL someone doens't like Weiner. Actually a lot of their point is pretty much true from all I can tell--the way he behaves at the Emmys is always ridiculous. I don't really care though--I don't have to see him, or work for him, and the show has been better than ever--and a marked improvement on last year--all this year. This past week was great.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I do think it went some way to make her more human... I also liked seeing how different Don was with a different wife--when he was with his kids. Though, despite being a better fit, I dunno if the show will keep having Don falling back into his same old tricks--he essentially lost all interest in Faye when he confided in her of his secret past. I can't see him ever doing that again.

• 2 years later...
  • Members

Not sure if anyone here's still watching this show besides me, but I'm glad that Trudy finally got a clue and threw Pete's worthless ass out with the trash.

I wasn't a fan of hers in the beginning, but she slowly won me over and last night's kiss-off was the cherry on the top of the sh!t sundae that she served to him.

• Members

V, I cannot bring myself to watch this show any longer. Don Draper is just wandering aimlessly as they try to figure out what to do with him. Granted, I gave the show up, so it might have gotten better, though I doubt it. Did they kill off Joan's baby yet? I wish they would realize giving THIS woman a child was the worst mistake this series has made, and that says alot! A woman like Joan should not be saddled with children. She's the one they all hate and envy at the same time. Giving her a kid makes her common like the peasants. Huge mistake!

That said, Mad Men better keep its mitts off of TWD's budget money!

• Members

I haven't seen Joan and Roger's love child since forever, as all I've seen of her so far this season is her being offended at being propositioned (even though she'd slept with someone to get that stake in SCDP in the first place).

As for Don, the more I watch, the more I'm convinced that he's the profile that's falling from the skyscraper. If that's truly MW's endgame for him, it makes perfect sense for him to be aimless (especially as this show's winding down to next season's finale) in life and (now) his career.

• Members

I just watched this show, the entire series so far, in like two weeks so excuse me while i hijack this thread for my general thoughts then ill post about s6-

Peggy and Don's friendship is the best part of the series. Is he the greatest friend? No. Does she deserve better? Sure. But thats not the point, I love them. I love their scenes together. I love that he got her out of the crazy house. I love that despite his general douchbag attitude and behaviour, he cares for her. Their best moment was when Ana died and Don said the only person who really knew him died and Peggy told him that wasnt true. Peggy may not about his past, but she doesnt know who he is - and she loves him despite it, as a friend. Her leaving the firm for another job was heartbreaking, but a great creative decision. Oh, I also loved it when he started his own firm and expected her to go and she didnt, until he actually asked.

Joan is fierce and amazing. I need more of her. I knew she was going to keep ROgers baby. I love that whole relationship. I also love Roger, and Jane is one of my favorite characters.

Stan Rizzo should be real and my boyfriend.

Betty Draper is the absolute worst and should die. However, Sally is amazing.

• Members

No problem, JP.

I'm not the biggest fan (or a fan, period) of Roger, but I have to say that I'm interested in seeing how much he'll be able to handle (or not handle) a world that is leaving him/his generation behind in increasing speed. One can argue that Don may be suffering from the same issue, but I see his disillusionment as a more personal effect of his becoming increasingly miserable despite taking great pains to build a new life for himself apart of being Dick Whitman.

• Members

I actually am loving this season--though a big part of it may just be having one of my fave shows back. The theme so far, though, does seem to be about how all these people (Peggy I suppose aside) are truly stuck in their patterns, more than ever, and I think that's what some fans are disappointed by.

...I kinda like Betty... Maybe like to dislike (though I don't hate) but I seem to be one of the few people who finds her odd subplots fascinating (what was up with that rape speech?!?)

• Members

I think all of mad men has been about people who are stuck, and unhappy but out on a front. Don and Betty I'm their marriage. Roger in his life. Peggy one her pregnancy and then job. Pete stuck as a child as much as he wants to be a man. Joan stuck in her role as a sexpot. And of course they make changes, new jobs, new wives, new husbands, babies, etc but they end up in misery again.

Archived