• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can’t wait until David and Aaron return. The show is stepping up a gear now, especially with the most recent cliffhanger. Although, Reece’s search for her MIA sister lacks energy, but so does Mischa Barton’s performance. 

• Members

I loved Monday’s episode; it really packed an emotional punch with the resolution to last Thursday’s cliffhanger. Wendy putting her life on the line simply to make up for her meddling in the Varga-Murphy’s business said a lot about the integrity (and stupidity) of her character. Then JJ drops the paternity bomb…

Everything with Eden suddenly ramped up. There has to be more to him than meets the eye. 

How is everyone else finding the show now it’s ramping up the drama?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Monday, 11/13:

• Starting off the week with a recap of the 2022 year, mixed with some of the recent episodes is fun. I could have done without Mel's return, though... as she and Toadie did not belong together, and they still don't. I appreciate the new shooting angles as Terese & Toadie walked into the home. Having to suspend my continuity beliefs for this is everything, because it's been done so well within the first flashback alone. Immediately including Krista in this is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant... with Mel being the voiceover of what's playing out. ALL of the familiar faces! I missed these people, and it's so nice seeing them! So Melanie is a fugitive? Oh, that's juicy!!!!

Tuesday, 11/14:

• Holly dropping the bombshell that she returned to town two years earlier was excellent, and the super-imposed flashback with what aired was hilarious. I love that, and I love seeing the evolution of Holly & Susan's relationship... knowing where they started and where they are now. Terese's anger is justified. It really is. The introduction of Kelly / Krista is awesome. Two episodes into her actually appearing and I am enjoying her. Like the previous, I am enjoying the voiceover from Holly. And now Mel is involving someone else...? Interesting. Hmmm. And I know Reese is meant to be included within these episodes, but her scenes just feel out of place, and kind of wish they'd been cut. Aaron! David! nüNicolette!! Loving this!!

Wednesday, 11/15:

• I wonder: how were Eden & Krista so conning together? Neither seem viable or capable of it to be honest. Not Mel involving my poor David.  So now Eden targets children, too? That's scary AF! Ugh. Eden is the ultimate PIG! Holly is the innocent in this. Poor thing. Oh! Look! My faves are back in town... and here comes Paul's involvement. Oooh. This is heating UP! I am SO stoked!!

Thursday, 11/16:

• Here we go! The conclusion! I am SO ready for this. Love having Aaron, David and Nicolette back on the canvas. Hoping they stick around. Ugh. Melanie & Toadie just do not belong together and these flashbacks hammer that home. You damn well know Krista's addiction is fueling this... but oh my goodness... the accident on top of the roof? Wow. That's insane!! whew. Mel, darling, maybe the CPR didn't work because you were doing it into her throat? AND THIS IS WHERE PAUL COMES INTO PLAY?! That's INSANE! Right before his wedding!! I know people want Paul & Terese and Melanie & Toadie back together, but... I'm kind of loving the intense tension between Melanie & Paul in these scenes. Pair them up. Paul protecting David and his family? I would have never thought... but now we know why Paul left Terese at the alter. Dun dun dun... Paul finds out Krista & Reese's connection. The look of shock on his face is priceless. And the inclusion of scenes from the premiere episode of the revival? A nice touch. GO TERESE! GO! Rebekah Elmaloglou is fantastic!! She ate the material and really just... made it her own!!

Overall thoughts:

• This, right here, is how you handle a time jump and throwback scenes. Looking at what Neighbours has done, and even comparing it to what Days of Our Lives did and there is no comparison. Neighbours won out. The storytelling is better, production value is better (obviously) and the acting was 100% better. Everything makes sense, and there is still room for this story to be told over time, and I cannot wait to see how it continues to unfold. I genuinely hope Neighbours is eligible for Daytime Emmy consideration, because it would win hands down. It really would.

• Members

Very surprised about Summer coming back, I can’t even remember the last time she or any of the Hoyland family were referenced on the show (well aside from Izzy I guess).

Also is it not a bit early for the Christmas stuff? Unless the show’s taking a break for a few weeks over the Christmas/New Year period in which case their end of year is happening pretty soon maybe?