Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Members

The actors who play Nell and Hugo are fantastic. They really cast great little actors in the roles. I like the show. I see a lot of complaints on social media about the new chapter but for me, it's really starting to find its footing now. I am enjoying it. I just hope people really give it a chance so we can keep it on the air.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm loving the Rodwells, the Varga-Murphys and Nell and Hugo. It's great to see the show back with established families, they moved away from the big family dynamics in the last couple of years and it became fragmented, this is definitely Neighbours back at its best. I hope it lasts.

• Members

I'm watching in the states! I've only done week one so far but I was stunned at how much I enjoyed it. I watched maybe 100 classic episodes from various eras and I found the show to be very vanilla and difficult to get into. The reboot so far feels more modernized and soapy and instantly drew me in. Production values are fantastic as well! I LOVE that hotel set! 

The cast is also really nice. I'm glad they introduced a new family from the jump. I feel like they represent the new viewers and it's nice moving in with them, so to speak. My early favorites are Holly, Terese and Paul, but there is nobody that I dislike. The weak link is obviously Mischa Barton. I get why they cast an American, but she is just such a low energy performer. If anything, I feel like they should've cast a big US soap star. Mischa may get them a few headlines, but I highly doubt she's bringing any viewers in. A US soap star could inspire coverage in SOD and might convince fans to watch the show.

• Members

I met Delta recently as I had a M&G ticket for her date in London, she sang the Neighbours theme there too. She's such a lovely woman, and has an incredible voice. I got some albums signed too.

Please register in order to view this content

No worries, yes it has been Number 3 on Freevee worldwide for the last few days I think.

Edited by Skylover