Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I am still over 30 eps behind lol, but the show is really picking up. The Rodwell/Varga-Murphy feud leading back to their criminal pursuers and the school drama is really hooking me in after a cheery but slow start. I'm hoping to mainline most of the backlog over the next week or so, right in time to dive back into Knots Landing S7 (sorry, Knots fans!). And the nice use of Harold as a recap device for new fans (like me) while also giving his troubling subplot a happy end was lovely.

I often find looking at soaps from a starting point (or, well, soft reboot start) to be instructive, both here and with the PP soaps in 2013, or looking at early The City, Ryan's Hope, etc. online. (Even the early AMC episodes we have from 1970 are good for this.) Nothing has changed over the decades - it's refreshing to watch a new or semi-new build from the ground up. It teaches you a lot about the fundamentals of soap. (Doctor Who may be doing this soon in a different genre, though it is not rebooting its continuity.)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm still steadily catching up on my Neighbours backlog but I glanced at the 2024 preview recently posted and I have to say it's remarkable that Guy Pearce appears committed to making semi-recurring appearances as Mike for Jane vs. their immediately breaking up or him being killed off, which is what I'd expected. What a class act.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

@Liberty City I won’t mention anything regarding the current spoiler (mostly because I don’t know how the spoiler tags work properly).

However (insert character here) was planned to leave the show before its cancellation in 2022 and their storyline was changed around. If I remember correctly it was going to be part of the end of year cliffhanger. So I wouldn’t be surprised if they do end up leaving now.

That said i’m thinking about things from 2 years ago so I could be way off mark, it could be best to completely ignore me.

• Members

Oh, I am well-aware, but said-actor has been on-set since they returned to filming, and even their on-screen children noted they would be working with both of their parents this week. So, unless flashbacks are being filmed, it seems only natural that they won't be leaving the canvas. And their decision to leave was prior to cancellation, etc. And, as we've seen in American daytime (ie: Victoria Konefal), some decisions can be changed. This is all speculation, of course, at this point.