Neighbours: Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They were probably just trying get the aesthetics right. During the Bower era (2008-2012) the show went through a real struggle visually and the sets and lighting were really poor. So from 2013-2018 they were constantly trying to make the show look more contemporary and bring it into the 21st century. It worked overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

All these trailers remind me of the rollout for the new AMC and OLTL ten years ago. It was just unreal to see the shows again in a new context for a new time. I know what the fans here must be feeling, but I think they probably have a much better shot at longevity.

I've never, ever watched Neighbours except for I think some glimpses of it when I spent some extended time in Australia as a child. I'm curious about how this experiment goes as I think it's another window into a possible future for the genre (if anyone here cared), so I will be watching. And I can't reiterate how classy it is for Guy Pearce to come back not just for the past finale but for whatever they're going to do to handle his character on its return.