Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I mean, looking at actor's ages, she's 29, he's 21.. but back when I watched like 10+ years ago, Jacob was such a small kid and Victoria was already a young adult.. so it's icky lol 

I just never like when soaps do these kinds of relationships. I don't know if Jacob and Victoria even interacted through the years (back when I watched, I don't remember them ever interacting), but still... ick!

THanks, I might have a look! Hope there is not a ton of new people I don't know haha

• Members

OMG! I didn't know that he was 21 now, but still. I think it is icky to have Victoria pursue anything with Jacob given that he was groomed by an older woman previously and the village all saw the effect it had on Jacob. Yes, I know he's now legal but it seems out of character for Victoria to even go that route. 

• Members

The story was well-acted, but the handling of the material was, for me, very questionable. I felt like there was an unnecessary sexual focus - we repeatedly saw them making out and saw Jacob half-clothed, which I don't think we would have seen if genders were reversed. It fed into the narrative that young men who are groomed by women are just lucky. The choice to give Maya a baby, with a "who's the daddy" paternity story, was also gross.

Edited by DRW50