EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The funniest part of the episode is when they try to pretend that Ryan and Whitney are brother and sister...it's basically more of the usual Whitney, "Me me Billie, me me Billie, gotta go, me me why are you leaving, well what should I expect, poor me, Billie Billie Billie..."

The "acting" from Danny is also sort of amusing.

Beyond the stuff with Janine and Ryan (they have a good silent scene) the stuff about Danielle was well done.

Roxy is such a cow. The writers are clever because they're setting this up as, "Roxy is being manipulated to turn against Ronnie!!" when in reality she hasn't given a sh!t about Ronnie ever.

Edited by CarlD2

• Members

Ryan and Janine today. :wub:

In the beginning of the episode Ryan asked her to say those three little words, and then in the final part of the episode as Ryan gets on the train to leave, their scene was:

Janine: This past year, it's been really, really bad. It started bad, and well, it just got gradually worse. Everything I thought I wanted - I lost. The Vic, Archie, ::sigh::, Archie's money. But I don't need it. I don't need any of it.

Ryan: So, what do you need?!

Janine: ::Sigh:: You.

Then Janine counts I. LOVE. YOU. on three of her fingers.

And then Ryan and Janine kiss.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

What a cowardly way for Stacey to slip that letter into Ryan's bag as he leaves to inform him he's the father of her baby. With Janine and Ryan now official, Stacey's revelation should get in the way. I wonder what crazy thing Janine will pull once she finds out.

I don't know what the hell Danny is planning against the Mitchell sisters. I'm strangely intrigued though.

The Danielle stuff between Ronnie and Stacey was very well-done and how Ronnie looked like she wanted to punch Janine as Janine remembers it's the once year anniversary of her running over Danielle.

I wish they'd get Whitney away from Billie. I think she could be a compelling character if they developed her better and got her away from Billie.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Actually, Crash will air its second series soon, and supposedly, he's got lots more projects in development.

Few episodes are one thing, but can they land him back permanently? It seems like he lost some of his luster by the time he last left the show as well.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I think that's likely, he only came back to write Dot's single-handed episode that aired in early '08 because John Yorke came to him personally and he liked the content that was being explored.

I don't think he'll be messing too much with the writers at EastEnders. BBC One and John Yorke seem to be operating under the mindset that nothing is wrong with the show at the moment, and the press and ratings are generally backing them up on it. So, if he wants to make massive, not subtle, changes, I don't think it will be allowed.

Supposedly, he has a very clean reputation. The massive changes he was allowed to make at Hollyoaks were only because Tony Wood and the brass at Lime were intent on revamping the show, which was thought to be in dire condition before he got there.

EastEnders is a different animal, of course. I don't expect massive culls behind the scenes to happen at once, maybe gradually, but not too fast.

Hell, Kirkwood's already been there a month, and the only news we have of him is that he's hired Zoe Lucker to play a new character and Kat and Alfie will be returning. It doesn't seem like he's starting off with something too excessive.

• Members

I was thinking more like trying to revamp completely the writing team? He won't? That's good.

Pretty much he has all what he needs, and I'm sure if he wants to bring an actor, the BBC people will allow, he just needs to invest, re-align and use it all properly.