EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Members

I loved Kat in her first few years. I enjoyed her relationship with Dr. Trueman and the Kat/Zoe story broke my heart, even if I wanted to throttle Zoe most of the time.

I didn't see a lot of the show after the daughter reveal, so I didn't see her Alfie years until more recently. I can see why some weren't too crazy about that, and Kat also changed, as Jessie Wallace was going through so much personal stuff. Still, she seemed to have the Kat humor which made her stand out. I hope they won't forget about that. Kat was the classic Eastenders character -- tough on the outside and vulnerable on the inside. EE's strongest characters, male and female, often end up like that.

I hope they take Stacey back to a supporting role for a while, she needs it after all the crazy stuff her character has done. I also hope they can take the Slaters a bit more back to the fun and lively place they used to be in, also with some heart, in their first few years. I have no desire to see Lynne or Little Mo or Zoe again, or Sean, but I'd like to see Belinda.

I know you've probably already seen this but the beginning of this clip is classic. And Charlie Slater as the tough guy, hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qmw0_Kdh5s

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The same thing that made Little Mo unbearable to watch during her ladder years is the same thing making Stacey unbearable now. The constant victimization, and the constant succession of havoc being reeked on their lives. Only with Stacey, she seems a lot less sympathetic and a lot more stupid. Lacey really keeps the character grounded though, if the role were played by a lesser actress, I can only imagine how much more unwatchable the character would be.

LOL at Charlie trying to beat up Alfie.

LOL! I just love Kat, "WHEN DID YOU PUT YOUR TONGUE IN HIS MOUTH?!?!?"

• Members

Ugh, Billie Jackson and that whole ghetto teen crew just ruin everything. I had to laugh at their little fake stick up at The Queen Vic. I hope most of these characters are written out soon, they're just horrible to watch.

Devon Anderson is just a rotten actor. He was not very effective in those kitchen scenes with Max, Jack, and Carol in today's episode.

Billy Mitchell asking Carol out on a date. :lol:

You know, despite the horrible set of characters she's involved with, I actually kind of like Whitney and the actress that plays her. Something about her seems very sympathetic.

Poor Shirley degrading herself just to win points with Phil and so that he can get Louise back from Social Services.

Jean is seriously disturbing to me.

Adam, Libby, and Darren's love triangle = Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

First part of an interview with Matthew Robinson, who produced from 1998-2000 and did a lot of big stories in that era. He also fired a ton of cast members, some of those decisions, like the exits of Kathy Beale and Cindy Beale (and the death of Cindy) having longterm repercussions. I remember I was watching episodes from around 96-97 at this time on a PBS station and when I found Walford Web back then I looked at a cast list for current UK episodes and couldn't believe that a lot of my favorites were gone or going, like Gita, Ruth, Simon, Tiffany. I guess in some ways it worked out but I still miss some of those characters, like Gita.

http://www.walfordweb.co.uk/item.php?id=2314

You can sense the hatred for Martine McCutcheon. :lol:

• Members

Ryan Malloy/Neil McDermott is a hot piece of ass...

I hate Billy, but I really like Whitney and I hope they intend to pair her with someone else or explore other story options with her.

LOL! at Janine using Morgan to get rent money. I love Janine, despite the havoc she always causes for herself.

Roxy whoring her salon was funny too.

God, I love the obviously homosexual Ben.

Phil (holding the Hairspray soundtrack CD): Are you sure you wanna keep this?

Ben: Yeah! ::nodding::.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Becca is weird as hell for waning to "raise" Stacey's baby with her.

Oh no, don't tell me Kylie is gonna shoot poor Whitney! :(

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I don't get tired of Janine because she's self-destructive, it's because they have no idea what to do with her. The last time she was on the show she caused serious havoc for people. Now she's kind of a joke, and all they can come up with is having her use kids, like she did with Morgan or with Tiffany, or having her as some random plot device, like when she ran over Danielle.