EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

You're probably going to puke Carl, but I am looking forward to Friday's episode when Janine declares her love for Ryan as he leaves. The spoiler pics look very sweet and romantic. LOL!

I love scenes like that. You know, when one person is leaving, but the person that loves them and wants them to stay goes after them and gets them in the end and they share a kiss. LOL!

I like Janine and Ryan.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I'm not going to puke, but I am confused. Can you tell me when she even decided she loved Ryan? She threw him over for Archie without much regret. She has mourned Archie for months and said he's the only man she loved. Meanwhile, Ryan suddenly started scolding Janine over her personal choices even though he came on the show as a somewhat sleazy, bad boy (at least he's forgotten he's related to Whitney -- can't blame him there).

I think this is just being done so that Janine can freak out over Stacey and the baby. It's always this big plot driven stuff with her, they don't bother to write for the character. I think they see her as some type of Dynasty figure.

• Members

I don't know, I think I always saw that they had feelings for one another underneath it all, but were too proud to admit it. They've developed a strange co-dependency with one another, I think it's only natural. Then again, I know quite a few relationships that started this way.

And yeah, it's probably done so they can cause a rift whenever it's revealed Ryan is the father of Stacey's baby. With Stacey's luck, I'm wondering if that baby will even live to see his/her first birthday.

Ryan-Malloy-and-Janine-Butcher-4.jpg_e_70a513d2c472c581b7e793d746e7f4b4.jpg

Janine-Butcher1.jpg

Ryan-Malloy-and-Janine-Butcher.jpg

Ryan-Malloy-and-Janine-Butcher-2.jpg_e_70a513d2c472c581b7e793d746e7f4b4.jpg

It all just looks so romantic in pictures. LOL!

• Members

They never knew what to do with her. Being used as Jack's piece is degrading. Who can forget the notorious coke addiction that lasted for about 2 weeks. Knowing Eastenders, Libby will probably be the one who stays forever.

• Members

Apparently, Emilia di Girolamo was lured back to EastEnders to write one final episode that's "big." :unsure:

She goes on to say she's agreed to do another episode and they will both air in August, which will be well into the new Bryan Kirkwood regime.

Funny enough, she also Tweeted with Daran Little and her final two episodes will be airing the same week as his episode:

I wonder who her favourite Script Editor is? I think she originally left EastEnders to write for the UK edition of Law & Order.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I don't think it's unrealistic for them to fall in love but it's more that I don't think they have bothered to tell a story where Janine has ever loved him. He did seem to care for Janine, but she rejected him over and over for Archie and his memory. I don't think she'd care about Ryan unless they wanted her to be used to prop Stacey.

Wasn't that script editor the one who was around during the generally awful 2006 period?