EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

With EE technically still being in a transitional period (the show seems to improve during a transitional period & then the wheels come off when the new EP full influence is in play), I must say, the show is on a upswing. Don't ask me how it happened, but I'm finding myself engrossed with what is going on. The focus is better, and so is cast interaction. It's blatantly obvious how much Jon Sen seemingly was a major problem on the show. 

• Members

I have a slightly different opinion. So I do think the show has improved and is far more watchable on a day to day basis. Under Jon Sen, I EE was nearly unwatchable by the end. 

However, I find Chris Clenshaw's tenure so far very boring. The only story I find bad is the Linda/Mick/Janine triangle, but there also isn't any stories that are amazing that makes me want to tune in and talk about the show everyday. There's no A list story to hook me in and get excited. It's early yet, but so far, I'm not all that impressed by what he'd done so far. The show feels average, which isn't good enough in this age. 

• Members

Until Kate Oates, among the most cynical and hollow producers on soaps, clears out, this isn't going to change. And even if she does, the worst, like Phil and Phil/Sharon, will never change. The stories are aimless and poorly put together, just don't make any sense - beyond the awful Janine story (so disappointing), I'd also ask why should we care about Keeble and her dead father, or the latest Phil arrest story that never goes anywhere? Why should we care about Freddie's paternity when we know Little Mo isn't coming back anything soon. Why should we care about the Panesars, with 5 characters added on, when I still don't even buy them  as a family? Why should we care about Suki, a child abuser and child murderer, just because she is suddenly a lesbian? Worst of all, there remain no worthwhile couples or believable bonds. 

Edited by DRW50