Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh and because they deserve it: Carmel/Jim <3 though I've heard she's had more interesting/better pairings. I like them both and they constantly make me laugh. Jim's reaction after he realized Doug had 'gotten some' the night before (when he slept with JP) was absolutely hilarious. I loved the twist of him as Dr. Browning's stalker, I knew it wasn't Myra but I just LOVE the shade this woman can throw. I'm so sad the actress left and I have to watch Myra exit.

Also, Trevor's a pretty good baddie to watch. The actor just can't seem to make me hate Trevor even though that man has his hands in EVERYTHING, lol. I see he's in the opening now so I guess he's around for the time being?

And I really like the opening, sure it's green screens but I think they do a good job and it seems frequently updated, likely due to the constant turnover. I see mass exits are pretty normal (for all the UK soaps) especially in production changovers.

Edited by KMan101

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can't believe you like Jim. I hate his backstabbing ugly ass the second most out of anybody next to Vincent. He's horrible. Carmel hasn't ever really had a good pairing to be honest. She's only worked this long because she's always been a supporting character.

Trevor works because he's got the bad boy sexiness down perfectly. Yum.

Darren being tied to the Roscoes is a clear example of a badly plotted story. It saddens me. However, there is no such thing as Darren overload you fool. If you look at my signature, you'll see that I'm quite biased! Of course, you should have watched him when he was all gold chains and mesh tank tops. I still have hope that version of Darren will come back to us someday, even for a short while.

Nancy is probably hard to like if you're just tuning in, but I love her to death. They really took their time slowly having Nancy become addicted to those pills. She's always been sanctimonious, but she's the only character ever (and maybe Frankie, too) that can get away with it. I can't really explain it. Have you watched the scene where Nancy goes to get pills from Dr. Browning and Mercedes lambasts for always looking down her nose at her? That was such a great moment.

Martha did survive, literally leaving about a day after. That she didn't even get a goodbye scene with George pissed me off.

Dodger/Will/Texas didn't ruin anybody at all. Sure, I was sad Texas died, but everything regarding the Savages/Blakes this year has been exceptional. Will being creepy worked extremely well. The only sad part is that we didn't get more of Anna. The actress was so good.

Get rid of Mercedes? You're absolutely crazy for thinking that's a possibility. She's basically the queen of the village now. She ALWAYS has major story. If Jennifer Metcalfe ever leaves there will be a huge hole in the show.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I really don't get this Robbie kid sometimes but damn if the actor isn't making it hard for me to totally despise him. He's so gonna break Phoebe's heart in the future.

Lindsey going back to Joe and Freddie going back to Sinead was predictable but I do wonder how the show will proceed now that the cats out of the bag regarding Freddie's secret love. Am I missing something or has John Paul been gone for a few episodes? The "scene' hasn't happened yet right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I can't seem to find the latest Hollyoaks episodes anymore on dailymotion.....kinda depressing now that I'm so addicted to the show. Hopefully its nothing permanent. Is the show on a break or something for the holidays? I have no idea how the British soaps handle this time of the year....

Missing my Mercedes and John Paul tho....

• Members
Ugh.

I'm glad I'm behind then.

I still need to post some more thoughts. I'm finishing up October and took a break after the explosion. Leanne's death was incredibly sad.

Darren's a mess and I love cray Sienna (her talking to the pregnancy pad was priceless). I also like that Nancy went back to short hair, I think it works better for her. Darren being Sandy's son and his reaction is somewhat LOL. I don't really care, even though I like them both. I'm also already tired of Fraser shoved down my throat.

Lindsay losing the baby wasn't surprising, I figured she would. I absolutely love Lindsay, Mercedes and Cindy covering up Paul's murder. Can't wait to see how it continues to unfold.

I'm also enjoying Will's undoing. Ash had such potential. I was disappointed most in her death, TBH. (Actually, I think Callum's was a mistake too).

And the way Patrick manipulates Maxine without her even knowing it is crazy to watch. Cutting out Ash, her job, her self-esteem ... I did like they had her get some of that back when they broke up so she could sleep with Dodger to create the next 'reveal' they seem to thrive on.

And damn, Claire was creepy, but I would have liked to seen a little bit more of her.

Not sure how I feel about Freddie and Sinead. It seems like Sinead has a new love of her life protector every month. The last one was Trent, which was a two second relationship.

And lol at Ziggy sleeping with Frankie. I sort of liked Ziggy and Ruby for some reason.

And I was so happy to see that creature go off on some cult 'change me' recruit vacation. He's so annoying. This story makes Phoebe somewhat unlikable. It's actually made me like George, who I couldn't stand initially in this. I'm really not here for this story.

Or Danny and JP. Yawn. I'm not sure what to make of Danny's wife yet. I like her more than him already though, even though he's not terrible, IDK. Something's not working for me. And I'm seeing the setup for the JP/Robbie/Finn story.

Anyway, still gotta watch November and December. Also starting HollyOaks Later. I see it's mostly Tony centered and they're using the ones that get mostly ignored on the regular show (Esther, Tilly, Callum and Holly).

Hated seeing Myra's exit, very sad, and was glad to see JP get that time with her. I liked her going up against Browning.

I will point out it's clear they go for shock value on a pretty daily basis. Not something I'm complaining about at all but damn, it seems like something constantly happens (and I get I'm watching where numerous people are exiting at the same time). I do like we get some character time though.

Edited by KMan101

• Members
Yeah, that's where I watch.

EDIT: Hmm, looks like that's gone now. Damn. That was fast.

Anywhere else to watch anybody? I hate dowloading but will if I have to.

EDIT AGAIN: I found a new channel, after logging into YouTube, and it's starting with December, so damn, I have to find the rest of October, November and first half of December.

Edited by KMan101