Chemistry between Susan Lucci and Mario Van Peebles?

• Members

Has there ever been LESS chemistry between two people? Poorly written and sloppily executed, to be sure, but this so-called storyline is as flat as the pancake that killed Dixie. Susan's trying her best, but Mario "acts" like he needs a double shot of Metamucil. Does his facial expression EVER change? I hope the new regime recognizes the lack of heat and bails a.s.a.p. (and why, oh why, can't they bring DIMITRI back? Now THAT was chemistry!!)

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they have hot chemistry, now that the writers are finally writing for Sam. I can't wait tell erica gets out of prison. Amc would be wise not to put erica back with boring ass jackass, I would rather them bring Vincent Irizzary back or freaking let Michael nader return because I don't think MVP is gonna make a long career in soaps, but I could be wrong.

• Members

I agree that Susan appears to be trying earnestly to make them click, but he is just DOA. Would love her with Irizarry, but for some reason the suits were against that. For a while when Frons took over until Bianca's rape, maybe even later, he and Susan weren't even allowed to share scenes together. They had some great chemistry. Same with Nader, but ABC wouldn't even rehire him to scrub the lobby floors. The Jeff Martin revisit could have worked if they had a more appealing actor than John James, if the writing had made any sense, and if Jeff were allowed to be a real, fleshed-out character rather than a transparent plot device.

• Members

Actually, sudz4u, those pancakes looked light and buttery to me. ;)

Seriously, though, I think I'm in accord with you; IMO, La Lucci and MVP share zero chemistry. Which is shameful to me, since I, for one, always wanted AMC to explore an interracial relationship for Erica. I just wish they'd found someone who was more...genuine as an actor.

• Members

If Pratt has any sense, he'll revisit Adam and Erica. One great thing B&E did during their time at AMC was bring Adam and Erica back into orbit as good friends and equals in a way. No one can read Adam like Erica can and vice a versa (now that Brooke is pining away in the attic).

Sam Woods and Erica don't have any spark what so ever.

Archived