OLTL: Discussion for the week June 30th-July 4th

• Members

In that case, I think they should go for it and show those scenes if they do a past episode for Labor Day. It really would have been perfect for tomorrow's episodes, so that new viewers could see the history between these two and why Todd and Marty should never happen no matter how pretty SW and TSJ look together.

Actually, I wish SoapNet would do a marathon before the anniversary episodes start to air. Maybe doing classic episodes of the characters that play heavily in the homage to the past. If nothing else maybe some classic, Marty, Tina and Carlo episodes. I wish they had done that before Tina and Marty showed up again.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True, but playing devil's advocate, the fans of OLTL who don't KNOW that abotu Walker/Todd would be REALLY confused by those flashabcks. So while I wish we HAD seen flashbacks, I do understand why they made the decision not to (if, indeed, it even came up in conversation)

• Members

OLTL sure deserves a 40th anniversary marathon. We won't get one I assume though or we woulda known by now--is SoapTalk even gonna have a special?

Yeah it really bugs me how these networks now when they air "classic soap episodes" air ones from less than a year back... SUCH a waste of a great opportunity.

• Members

OK it's official, I am addicted to OLTL. May I remind you that I live in Greece and I have to wait until someone posts the episodes on YouTube.. Thannk God for those wondeful people! :)

OLTL aired here in the mid-nineties and the stories started with Marty's rape. We only got less than a year's episodes, but I have been following Llanview happenings through the net eversince. All I know is that I haven't enjoyed a soap that much in ages, and yes, the last time was JER's first Days run that also aired here.

Another great episode, too bad I knew that Carlo was Thalia's father. But I have been spoiler-free for a week and I enjoy the individual episodes much more this way. Watching those Mendorra scenes I felt I was watching a classic episode on YouTube. And I mean that in a good way.

It looks as though Starr's pregnancy, which I thought would be a boring storyline that would end after a few weeks with Blair losing her baby is going to places I never thought of. Cole wants to raise the baby on his own, Starr wants to give her child to the McBains and now Cole at Todd's doorstep. It's getting more interesting every day.

I love the Todd/Marty scenes and how they are coming closer and how he is messing up everything with his lies. This is my boy! :)

I can't stand Nora. Lindsay makes Bo happy, so what is her problem? Talk about a great day if you are friends with the Buchanans and you are into gossip. A funeral and a wedding on the same day, and at both events people don't stop causing scenes.. lool

It was a great week OLTL!

Oh, and happy 4th of July to all of you people! :)

• Members

I didn't realize there wouldn't be an episode today(though I probably should have). Now with no previews I have to wait until Monday. Well at least the cliff hangers were good. I have no idea how I'm going to think about anything but OLTL this weekend but i'll try.

• Members

The Lindsay/Nora feud is so complicated. Honestly, I think the reason Nora "can't let go" is because she can never get over the anger she has towards herself for sleeping with Sam which was the ultimate end of her marriage to Bo. Bo and Nora had another confrontation about that a few months ago, in Bo's former Commissioner office, where Bo admitted he still couldn't forgive her for that. And Nora was incredulous because he HAS forgiven Lindsay for what Nora considers to be much worse.

I personally think it was easier for Bo to forgive Lindsay because he was more emotionally invested in his marriage to Nora, so her betrayal with Sam hurt Bo much more than anyone ever could. We had seen Bo and Nora happily married for YEARS, consistently, and for them to end the way they did just broke Bo. He may NEVER get over that. Lindsay's done her share, but she's never cheated on Bo when they were together.

Nora wants to go to Bo with something Bo won't be able to forgive Lindsay for, hopefully to prove that Nora isn't the one who hurt Bo the most in his life. I believe Nora doesn't want to wreck Lindsay as much as Nora wants to absolve herself.

Where that leaves Clint in Nora's heart, I'm not sure, but Clint's reaction to Nora's actions were spot on (for Clint's perspective) this Thursday.

• Members

ITA with what you guys are saying.

I think that Nora is projecting her self-hatred over what she did to end her marriage to Bo all those years ago onto Lindsay. She and Bo have never truly gotten past what happened, and it was such a horrible error in judgement on Nora's part that she has never been able to forgive herself.

P.S. - I am a veteran now!

Archived