OLTL: Discussion for the week June 30th-July 4th

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Deee...it's like we have the same mind sometimes, I swear. See, I'm watching OLTL primarily for the stories and the acting and to satisfy my need for daily soapy drama, but when a show is like OLTL, and I'm not cringing or fast forwarding or ignoring half of the show, it's quite all right to be 100% shallow. Okay. Even if it sucked eggs, I'd still have no problem being 100% shallow.

But I digress. I would soooo be cool with it if Gigi had an extremely stereotypical gay friend, as long as said extremely stereotypical gay friend would convince Gigi that she has two hot pieces wanting her and that she could probably have both of them with the no problem.

On to the show! Dorian looked awesome, as always. Must always dress your best when going around town stirring the pot for everyone. Brody is totally boyfriend material, especially after revealing that he's using his Dorian Dollars to set up some university money for Shane. Gigi needs to lose the tension (*cough*tell Rex the truth*cough*) so that she doesn't always come off as a bitch. She always has some snide, smart ass comment for everything. Honey, when you're dealing with Dorian, half of the time it's how you say it, not what you say, that boils her blood. Poor Rex...I felt horrible for him at the end when he saw Gigi and Brody hugging. Well, gee, Rex, if you're having all these feelings for Gigi, maybe it's time you cut old girl loose! Send her a postcard or something. Or better yet, just go out in public with Gigi. I'm sure Layla would hydroplane her ass all the away across the Atlantic Ocean just to make sure Adriana found out.

Delphina and Roxy are gold. Yesterday, I was imagining that the two of them would hit it off and whadya know, they did. I love how Delphina is just strutting around town randomly throwing things at people, freaking them out. How about she strut by Natalie and/or Jared and tell them that Jessica is Tess.

I loved Viki and Nora chatting it up together. It's nice when friends just have a talk about the stuff that's going on...this is where the viewer stops and the person who is obsessed with soaps and the so-called "art" behind them. It wasn't Viki supporting Nora or Nora supporting Viki in those scenes. They *both* talked about the recent happenings in their world, so it was realistic. Neither one of them made it all about them. Kudos to the scriptwriter (who was it?).

Cole and Starr....ugh. I'd actually take Langston and Markko on a journey through a mythical island country looking for stolen/loss jewels while fighting warriors and beasts......I'd take that over Starr and Cole's angst. They just don't do it for me anymore. They never really did, but they're losing me everyday. It's more Starr, though (surprise!). Cole, as whack as he may seem, is thinking long term with his projections. He wants to keep the kid, raise the kid, have a family. He's thinking about the future. Starr wants to give the baby to the McBains. And that's it. Because it'll never come out that the baby is hers, and Todd won't have a problem with his grandchild being raised by Michael and Marcie. Sure, Starr, sure.

I'm still not feeling Marty and Todd either, but I was feeling Blair and Todd. TSJ and KDP work so well together and the sex just builds up in whatever space that's between them. Todd always turns me on in the worst way when he's taunting Blair with how sexxxy he is. That [!@#$%^&*] knows he's got it and he knows how to work it!

Bo and Rex's is another friendship that I love. I can't help but enjoy their scenes because, oddly enough, that's what I'd expect from a father and a son. They're there for each other without being too there for each other, if that makes sense. They don't go in depth about their feelings about things and they don't do the angst thing too much, they just give each other good advice.

I don't miss previews!

• Members

Another great show. I haven't been spoiled by a soap in ages. Toups is propably right, the last time I enjoyed a soap that much was in the mid-nineties during JER's first tenure.

I love Todd and Marty. I loved Blair storming in his house to find out more about the other woman. Then I fell sorry for Blair when she was crying; she really loves that ^((59£5!.

I think I like everyone in Llanview these days. Can you believe that I didn't want Starr to move to Mendora today? Bo & Lindsay... Bo & Rex... Rex & Lindsay.. Great scenes.

Brody is officialy a soap god. He is a really great guy and he does love both Gigi and Shane. But it broke my heart to see Sexy Rexy watch them from the door.

Great ending. It's time Nora let Bo and Lindsay alone though.

Delphina is a psychotic... looooool

• Members

I know....I saw that. And I know that OLTL and GH won the Emmy's, but that's like the second or third promo with no mention of AMC. Interesting, isn't it? The Emmy OLTL/GH promo says the best is yet to come. So much for AMC huh.

• Members

Not to be prudish, but I have a serious problem with Gigi having casual sex with anyone. Not because I think it's immoral or unhealthy. Gawd No! Sometimes that is the best kind of sex! :ph34r: But because I think it would be so out of character and so contrary to the story that's been told thus far. Gigi at least has suffered the illusion for the last 10 years or so that Rex is the love of her life and she still believes that she's in love with him as she so boldly stated at his wedding for crying out loud. Now I personally believe she's glamorized her feelings for Rex, because she doesn't really know him that well anymore. They're both reliving their past, and they were just kids. But they're going to have to go there to find that out. Furthermore, I keep remembering her "date" with Jared, when the only thing she could talk about was Shane. She droned on and on about how competitive the other middle schoolers' mothers were and how the bragging drove her crazy. She made my ears bleed. I don't know that I've ever seen a less "sex kittenish" character in daytime than Gigi.

I am offended at the writing for Blair today. What happened to returning her backbone? I hate that some psychic's predictions sent her running jealously to Todd. I hate that Todd stood there and told her he could have her anytime, anywhere but that he doesn't want her and she just stood there. Carlivati is starting to piss me off. My favorites are not being written as strong intelligent women right now, and I do not like it. I know it was supposed to be brutal to provoke Blair to sign the divorce papers and so the golden penis can comfort her. I don't care! Find another way that doesn't make Blair pathetic. :angry:

• Members

I didn't realise poor Gigi was having casual sex with anyone.

As for Blair... I loved her scenes and I thought they were kind of funny. She keeps telling everyone how bad Todd is and how she doesn't want him in her life and once a weirdo tells her that he is involved with someone else she gets crazy. "No way. I am the only woman that can put up with Todd." That was funny. And then she storms to his place in order to find out more about the other woman and he sees that. She didn't seem pathetic to me. Perhaps because I could relate to her actions... lol

• Members

LOL! She hasn't, but there were some posters who thought a three way with Rex/Gigi/Brody was a great idea, and in my mind that meant casual sex, but after more thought, I realize that for some that might constitute a committed relationship. I've got to start thinking outside the box. :huh:

• Members

LOL. Speaking for myself, I was just joking about the threesome, but hey, if they could make it work as a legit, committed relationship, that'd be something to see. Bitchy Bangs would be beyond pissed to see that not only has Gigi gotten her man, but Brody as well!

Tsk tsk tsk, OLTL is just full of hoYay...

• Members

I absolutely cannot imagine! It's that sheltered life I've lead, but I remain open (on my soaps anyway) to new things. Although I remember being highly intrigued with Clint Eastwood/Eva Marie Saint (?)/Lee Marvin in Paint Your Wagon. So perhaps I am not quite the bourgeoise I appear to be.

Well Bitchy Bangs would have to return for that, and I never thought I'd say this, but I miss Adrianna.

• Members

OLTL was fantastic yesterday. Dorian looked awesome, the hat was a nice touch.

Loved the ending with Nora's voice over "I finally got her!", I hoenstly do wodner what will she do next....argh what a time NOT to show previews for the next day.

Loved the drama that was happening at the diner.

I didn't think Blair was pathetic yesterday, actually it made sense to me that she would be jealous and a little bit hurt yesterday over Todd. I still see her having a backbone tho.

Archived