OLTL: Discussion for the week June 30th-July 4th

• Members
2vbn283.jpg

Congratulations "One Life to Live" on your wins for Outstanding Writing and Directing

As well as wins for ....

OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN COSTUME DESIGN FOR A DRAMA SERIES
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN LIGHTING DIRECTION FOR A DRAMA SERIES
OUTSTANDING ORIGINAL SONG *

Discuss the best damn soap on television! :)

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I decided to start watching the show spoiler-free. I'll just have to wait for the episodes to be posted on YouTube to see what is happening. This is getting so good and there is no reason to lose the surprise element.

As a matter of fact decided to avoid reading the spoilers for every single soap I follow, namely AMC, ATWT, B&B, DAYS, OLTL and Y&R. I am very curious how am I going to view the shows that I find deadly boring (hello DAYS).

• Members

I agree with JP. I have only been reading general spoilers at the end of the week for the next week as well as watching promos. I use to be a spoiler junkie for Days but not as much for GH. I think one reason I am able to still watch GH is because I don't know completely what is going on. I just have a general idea. Trying to be as spoiler free as possible with OLTL.

• Members

She did "write", and she did "right". :) Sorry, Ryan. Couldn't resist.

And I do think that in spite of the monstrous history rewrite, the Tess story was more good than bad. Yes, there were some HUGE stumbles along the way (Like anything involving the Restons, and trying to shoehorn it in to a history we'd all witnessed on-camera, and the ridiculousness of everyone flying back and forth from Llanview to Napa and back - really, how many times did Nash and Tess run back to Napa?!), but there are a lot of good scenes that came out of it, and great moments. And Bree finally made the role of Jessica her own through Tess. You could just tell Bree was more confident in Jessica post-Tess than she was pre-Tess.

• Members

I think it's a more interesting Tess than we saw under Higley. Higley's Tess was just a slut, redeemed by the love of a con artist, and I found neither Tess nor Nash very interesting. In fact, they had to introduce the Reston's to give Nash a story back then, but it went nowhere. Anybody remember that Claudia wound up killing her dad and she and Nash hid his body, and then . . . well nothing?

According to Bree's interview and the previews Carlivati's

ETA: This Tess is more about the family dynamics that are in play, I think. That will be more interesting for me than simply a plot device designed primarily to introduce a new stud. There were brief flashes of interesting stuff with Higley's Tess, one of which Jay linked. But for the most part it was a love story, and the concept failed IMO.

Archived