AMC: Wednesday, June 11, 2008

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol: No Kendall fans just own her ish unlike Greenlee fans *coughsheonlytookSpikefor20minutes* :rolleyes:

When Kendall does half the stuff to Greenlee that Greenlee has done to her, people would feel differently. Remind me the last time Kendall tore Greenlee's dress off in court, stole her fiancee, kidnapped her child and drove him off a cliff............

Do you even watch the show? I seem to remember you saying in another thread those who don't watch OLTL should stay out of those threads, if you don't watch, then maybe you should take your own advice ;)

Nope got it backwards it's like Tad and Adam......Kendall=evul, Greenlee=saint at least that's how the hack writers try to make it

• Members

:rolleyes: or maybe you should not assume things

and i said people who dont watch oltl and dont like the RC/OLTL love should stay out. so get the facts correct, hun.

because yes i do watch the show. i may not watch it every day but i do watch it every week, at least twice. like every soap.

• Members

My issue with Kendull isnt greens, because i dont feel i need to pick one side or the other. My issue with Kendull is she is DULL. This pod person is NOT who she should be. Yopu wanna talk about being written out of char - thats kendull. and it sure as hell wasnt to rpop greens who has been the evil bitch to prop saint kendull, but to pimp zach who they brought on this this layerd, kinda evil, guy. Theyw anted to turn him into a romantic hero and kendull had to go from in tersting, leyerd, erica kane like to said and heroine.

you wanna talk about propping a char, why did both of her kids have to come into the world fighting? yeah.. theres the kool-aid.

i myself LOVE greens because she is a bitch. i hated SB's greens because they wrote her as misunderstood heroine, and same for once rebecca came back... but now that the bitch is back i am loving her again. why soaps feel they must strip these intersting layerd complex woman into simple suffering heroines is beyond me.

• Members

This isn't even about a narrow-minded, limited, juvenile Kendall vs. Greenlee thing for me. I can't stand Greenlee. She became incredibly obnoxious by the time Richard Culliton made her the star of the show in 2001 and I was beyond thrilled when Becky left because I no longer had use for the character. I wasn't thrilled with the character as Sabinelee, either. And now that Becky's come back with the snippy, terse, bitchy delivery, I'm not enjoying her any more than I ever did before.

BUT!

When did Kendall become some saintly ingenue who always finds herself victimized by the evul Greensleaze? Kendall has done her share of bitchy, mean spirited things... to her own mother and sister, no less. But, it's like, that doesn't matter because a bitch we don't like is picking on the bitch we do like, so now she's some helpless victim..

And for those of us dummies who defend Greenlee by saying *cOuGh*sheonlytookSpikefor20minutes*CoUgH* I know that that isn't nor has it ever been the sole reasoning behind my defense of the action. What people seem to keep ripping out and throwing away so they can take that defense out of context is the next part where a lot of us said, "She only took Spike for 20 minutes, THEN REALIZED WHAT SHE WAS DOING WAS WRONG AND TURNED AROUND TO BRING HIM BACK!" That part, for some reason, always seems to be forgotten, lost in translation, ignored, whatever.

• Members

The reason I don't like Greenlee is because she's shallow. I don't see the complexity, she's not an interesting anti-heroine to me. She's mostly a shallow, selfish bitch. I like bad girls and bad boys but I have to see depth behind it. I didn't see it with Greenlee when I channel surfed to the show in 1999, 2000 and 2001 and I don't see it today. I saw it for some time in the 2002-2003 era. I respect that some people see depth there (Skin, obviously does) but I don't. The problem right now is they're writing Greenlee like the bitch you could love to hate or just hate but they're also spinning her as the poor, victimized heroine too. Just own the bitch side or actually write her to grow up and become more of an anti-heroine. I find the character incredibly boring as is.

Kendall too, everybody in that sextet has become more obnoxious than they were even before the sextet. So much of this is contrived bulls**t.

JP, Kendall didn't need propping from Greenlee during the MC story and she didn't need it before NotRealGreenlee returned. She was already popular and she already had story. All the addition of Greenlee has done has served to make Kendall more neurotic be it in 2004 or now. Propping isn't a woman ripping a friend's dress off in court then getting her man while the woman who was in court was made out to be a neurotic, crazy lunatic (well it's not propping anymore than it is with Adam who does good and then still loses everything). It's bad writing that worked out for Kendall because McTavish could not write Ryan and Greenlee not being shallow and conceited and Budig and Mathison didn't help the case for some reason. You know propping may be having a character's two kids in the hospital but it's also turning the victims into the lynchers before the victims even get any kind of justice than having the poor kindapper-turned-victim fall into a magical hole of redemption to be magically redeemed while they have the original victim further hurt the poor put-upon kidnapper-turned-victim.

Edit #2.

• Members

Loved the Tad and Kathy scenes but I wanted Dixie to be alive and so I will remain bitter and disappointed. Dixie is the one who wanted Tad's daughter for 20 years while Tad usually told her no (because they were either too poor or it was too dangerous for Dixie's health). I cried during the very last scene when Tad finally said that Dixie should be there. I've been waiting for someone to acknowledge that and was glad that it was Tad.

I'm so glad that Krystal changed and she never looked better (I hope it was for Adam's sake - I like them together). I loved her dress (the color and style were great) - she looks so much better when 75% of her boobs aren't hanging out and should opt for the more covered up look - much more flattering. I thought Dixie looked great too although I don't understand why she was wearing a metallic raincoat in Adam's house. I love that she gave Adam hope as far as getting Krystal back (and I hope it's soon).

Greenlee is ruining Zach and Kendall (and Aidan) but then she has always ruined everyone (except Jake and Jackson) for me because I've always loathed her. She even ruined Leo for me who I adored. I couldn't believe that Zach told Aidan that he wasn't good enough for Greenlee. :rolleyes:

Probably not a popular opinion but I still like JR and Babe together.

I FF Richie and Annie because I loathe Richie and can't wait for him to die. I think he is the poorest conceived villain in AMC history - there is nothing interesting or redeemable about him at all. One dimensional scum. I also don't like the change in Annie becoming desperate and pathetic and scheming. There are enough characters like that and I wish they hadn't changed her because now I think she is more boring and unwatchable than ever.

• Members

Is Greenlee always the evil one? I guess fans can debate that theory but in the current situation there's no way that anyone can take Greenlee's current actions and say she's being an adult by any stretch of the imagination. I would hate what happened with Kendall and Aidan if I were in Greenlee's shoes. I might even distance myself from my friend in order to be able to cope with the whole thing but that would be the line. Greenlee is pushing all the buttons that she KNOWS she can push on Kendall and she's doing it maliciously.

IN THIS CASE, Kendall has apologized profusely. She practically genuflected at Greenlee's feet and she's doing everything she can to make things up to Greenlee. What is Greenlee doing? She's torturing Kendall. She's purposefully trying to get some kind of satisfaction out of causing trouble especially with Zach. I'm hoping the scene where he asks her was she's trying to pull with Kendall was a little bit of a wake up call for Zach. Greenlee isn't some innocent victim "woo is me wronged Greenlee". She is lashing out and Zach is going to have to STOP living vicariously through Greenlee's anger. Greenlee doesn't want to hang on to Aidan or Kendall (at least right now) so she can unleash all the anger she wants. Zach however does want to be with Kendall so there's no outlet for his anger about what happened. Enter Greenlee. The problem is that Zach doing this is what is giving Greenlee fuel to hurt Kendall even more.

And Darcy- for the first time EVER I am enjoying the Jabe story. I am a JR fan and I've always wondered what the heck was the deal with that pairing because it was never healthy and never brought happiness to either one of them out of the sack. I never saw love or respect between either of them UNTIL nuBabe. Now, I'll stand by you with the unpopular opinion. I like Jabe.

• Members

I have to agree with that. There's a certain something between JR and nuBabe that wasn't there with OriginalPorkBabe. Maybe it's because there isn't this particular whiney, helpless, victim element that was there before with Babe. I'm not sayin'... I'm just sayin'.

• Members

I think that's a HUGE part of it. They did the right thing with this story in that Babe did what she always did and believed the worst in JR. Their history would support it and even as a JR fan, I'll be the first to tell you that he's no saint. Then of course, JR was telling the truth that he didn't sleep with Treena and Ritchie DID victimize him. So instead of Babe justifying her reaction, which was the cycle of that relationship before nuBabe, she admitted she was wrong about JR. She told him that she was wrong and she regretted it. THAT has to be a first in that relationship.

On top of all of that, I actually see scenes with them smiling and enjoying each other's company and they aren't even in bed. I see Babe supporting JR. When everything happened with Adam/Tad/Kate, Babe was there at the hospital and genuinely concerned about JR and what this battle of "My Two Dads" was going to do to him. That is huge progress on the Jabe front and I can't help but get on the bandwagon. I appreciate the changes they've made.

• Members

I agree with this all but the original Babe/JR's chemistry was so much hotter. That aside, I definitely don't dislike nu-Babe/JR and it is to the couple, chatacters and show's benefit that they're making changes in the characters and pairing. It's evolving and becoming more balanced.

Archived