AMC: Wednesday, June 11, 2008

• Members

I hate the couple that is Jabe so I am not going to defend it. I think it is a horriable couple and an abusive one and I think it's beyond hurtful and insulting that any woman would even want to be with JR considering all of his past actions. However I will say that Babe has supported JR before, when Dixie first came back to PV and JR saw her for the first time Babe was the perfect doting wife who did everything she could of to support him and help him through it that period of their marraige was when Babe did everything she could to help JR through his pain and JR rewarded her with a murder attempt.

As to Babe being wrong and apologizing that has happended numerous times. So many times that I am not even going to go through all of them. CPR classes, the entire summer that was 05', ect.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like Amanda Baker but I don't "get" her as Babe. I just don't. Though I am liking her with Jacob, I don't want a JR/Babe reunion. They're not good for each other. They're like Sonny & Carly, and it's time to move on.

• Members

Before you misunderstand me. I'm NOT ragging on Babe. I was never a fan of hers while she was in a relationship with JR when AH was on the show but I grew into a fan of hers when she was with the Fusion girls and she did leave, I was strangely sad about it.

I was by NO means implying that the wrongs of Jabe lay exclusively at Babe's feet- far from it. Like I said, I am a JR fan but I'm not a JR fan that truly believes he's some saint or that his actions are above reproach because of the wrongs against him. I don't think that at all. There are a LOT of times when I find it difficult to be a JR fan. He can be evil incarnate when he chooses to be and I know that. I think Jabe has been dysfunctional from the get-go in the past. For every wrong one did, the other tried to top it. Sure Babe supported JR a bit when Dixie revealed herself but then while she did it she kept telling him how grateful he should be that she was there for him after all the evil things he'd done to her. That's how it came across on my television. JR would do the same thing when he would do something to her and then ask her why he should trust her. It was a vicious cycle of evil dysfunction and they did not seem to enjoy each other at all unless they were in bed OR with Little A so I didn't see the love there. EVER...not once.

BUT

now they are playing it differently. Babe is not only apologizing for being wrong, she's not really rationalizing it to JR or to herself. She honestly somewhere inside of herself believes in JR...or for the first time I see it. Either way, I like what I see there. I like that JR is owning the fact that he deserves her skepticism because of their past. In other words, they are acting like adults and at the same time enjoying each other's company. They smile. They laugh together and I can honestly see that they LIKE each other as much as they want each other. It's refreshing because before recent events, prior to nuBabe, I never saw that with them so it's made me pause and reconsider how I feel about the couple. I like them and I'm not ashamed of it. It's a wonderfully pleasant surprise for me as a JR fan and an AMC fan in general.

• Members

The writing for her may not be as destructive and unfocused but she is still as boring and unnatural in the role as she ever has been.

I personally don't care a thing about Jabe because they are the most sickening and abusive relationship this side of Todd and Blair. Baker performance is poor and rather lifeless and if that's what is needed to make Jabe shippable then that shows more about the "super" couple then needs to be said. I think everyone knows who the more memorable performer in the role is regardless.

Archived