OLTL: Starr's pregnancy speculation

• Members

Wasn't it determined that Marcie can't carry children, but does that mean she can't explore a surrogate to carry a baby for her and Michael? What was the official reason about Marcie not being able to have kids?

Starr and Cole were thrown together with Marcie yesterday, so I think they will toy with it, but won't take it that far.

I'm wondering, with Jessica and Starr pregnant at the same time, if they may end up doing a baby switch.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've wondered about a baby switch as well. And then we saw Mike & Marcie get *intimate*

I think Starr will toy with the idea of giving them her baby, for a protracted amount of time, but in the end it won't happen because Marcie is really pregnant. They were never specific about why Marcie could not conceive.

• Members

I feel like Marcie getting a job at the hospital working with kids may play a part if they decide to do a baby switch.

Like perhaps Marcie and Jessica become closer friends because Jessica is so lost after Nash's death and Marcie relates because of Al, or the loss of Tommy to Todd, and then when Jessica goes in to deliver, the baby dies shortly thereafter, and not wanting to see Jessica go through another loss, and knowing Starr didn't feel ready to raise a child, Marcie switches the babies to give Starr's child a good, safe home, and convinces herself that Starr will be able to get over the loss of a child she wasn't ready to have.

Of course Marcie will have to kind of go around the crazy corner a little bit to justify it to herself, but given all that she's done and been through, I don't think it would be a stretch, since Marcie would still be protecting Starr's child from Todd if she passes it off as Jessica's child.

• Members

I think they are done with Desperate Marcie, but I do think that all these babies are going to lead somewhere. Baby switches are SO two years ago, though. I also don't think JESSICA would do something; Tess maybe, but not Jessica.

Archived